Register now to download CyberEdge’s eighth annual Cyberthreat Defense Report – a comprehensive review of the perceptions of 1,200 IT security professionals representing 17 countries and 19 industries. Key insights from this year’s report include:
- A record 86% of organizations suffered from a successful cyberattack last year
- The COVID-19 pandemic caused a major reprioritization of new IT security investments at half of the organizations
A record 69% of organizations were compromised by ransomware last year
- 57% of ransomware victims paid ransoms last year, encouraging cybercriminals to increase their attacks
- Malware, ransomware, and spear-phishing are the most-feared threats
- Low employee awareness and lack of skilled personnel inhibit IT security’s success
- 87% of organizations are experiencing a shortfall of skilled IT security personnel; IT security administrators and IT analysts/incident responders are in shortest supply
- The typical enterprise IT security budget increased 4% last year, but the rate of budget growth slowed for the first time in years
- Nearly all respondents (99%) agreed that achieving a cybersecurity certification would help their careers; the top choices were cloud security, software security, and security administration
- Four out of five organizations prefer security products that feature machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) technology
- The percentage of IT security applications and services are delivered from the cloud climbed from 36% to 41%, a big jump caused in part by the pandemic
- DevSecOps practices are big, and the biggest benefits from implementing them include increased speed deploying and updating applications and improved relations between DevOps and SecOps personnel
- Security and networking are converging: three out of four organizations have implemented or will in the coming year implement SD-WAN, zero trust network access (ZTNA), and secure access service edge (SASE) technologies.
The Cyberthreat Defense Report provides the most geographically comprehensive view of IT security perceptions in our industry. Use the findings to benchmark your company’s security posture, operating budget, product investments, and best practices against peers in your industry and region. Download your complimentary copy now!