Achieve File Compliance, Streamline Your Processes, Cut Costs
You can avoid compliance-related penalties by making sure your sensitive file data is protected, no matter where it’s stored. As organizations have tightened their controls on databases, auditors have been shifting focus to file activity monitoring. Accounting for unstructured data that’s spread across the company doesn’t need to be an overwhelming task.
With Imperva SecureSphere, you can save time and meet file compliance requirements by easily keeping track of user activity and access rights—and show you’re on top of data protection.
An Easier Way to Meet File Compliance Requirements
SecureSphere File Activity Monitor simplifies the file compliance process by allowing you to continuously audit file storage systems and keep a detailed record of every file access across the company, including the actions of privileged users. Show that you have unstructured data governance under control by using predefined reports to efficiently summarize your audit data.
Save Time and Improve Results with Automated Access Rights Reviews
Make sure you’re in compliance by assigning and establishing file access rights on a need-to-know basis. With SecureSphere, you can streamline the complicated access rights review process and create a repeatable workflow. Let data owners decide who should have access to files by directly involving them in rights reviews. Learn more about User Rights Management for Files.
Improve Productivity and Cut Costs
Boost the productivity of your IT staff by automating those manual file auditing tasks critical to managing unstructured data. With SecureSphere File Security solutions, your IT organization can efficiently identify data owners, manage file permissions, track file activity, monitor file usage, investigate unusual activity, and implement unstructured data governance.
Know When There’s Trouble—Immediately
Timing is everything. SecureSphere File Activity Monitor notifies you as soon as unusual file access behavior occurs. Rest assured that your most critical files are being continuously monitored by the most sophisticated, policy-based file security technology. And you can take file monitoring and protection to the next level by blocking suspicious access with SecureSphere File Firewall.
Save Money by Uncovering Unused Data
You can cut costs quickly by reclaiming storage space that’s taken up by unused file data. With SecureSphere, you can determine exactly which data is and isn’t being used and then efficiently archive or delete unused data.
File Activity Monitor Specifications
Specification Description Operating Systems Supported
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012
- RedHat 5.X
- Solaris 10
File Systems Supported
- CIFS file storage systems
- NFS file storage systems
- NAS devices
Directory Services Supported
- Microsoft Active Directory users and groups
User Rights Management
- Audit user access rights to files and lists via file systems permissions
- Validate excessive rights on sensitive data
- Identify dormant accounts
- Identify files accessible by global groups
- Track changes to user rights
- Revoke rights and group membership
- Recommend data owners
File System Activity Audit
- User name
- Object name
- Operation (add/remove/delete)
- Object type
- Before and after value
- Source and Destination IP
- Metadata and content-based via integration with third party Data Loss Prevention (DLP) vendors such as RSA, Websense, McAfee, and Symantec
- Manual designation
Tamper-Proof Audit Trail
- Audit trail stored in a tamper-proof repository
- Optional encryption or digitally signing of audit data
- Role based access controls to view audit data (read-only)
- Real-time visibility of audit data
- Network: Non-inline sniffer, transparent bridge
- Host: Lightweight agents (local or global mode)
- Web User Interface (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Command Line Interface (SSH/Console)
- MX Server for centralized management
Events and Reporting
- Integration with leading SIEM vendors
- Email to data owners and other stakeholders
- Custom followed action
- SecureSphere task workflow
- Integrated graphical reporting
- Real-time dashboard