Improve SharePoint Security and Protect Sensitive Data
Microsoft SharePoint provides easy access to business-critical data through intranet, extranet, and public-facing applications. So when that information is sensitive or regulated, SharePoint security is a major concern. Imperva SecureSphere for SharePoint is designed specifically to protect your business-critical SharePoint data, and how it’s accessed—through SharePoint Web applications. As a result, SecureSphere gives you the highest level of visibility and access control for your SharePoint data, and even cuts costs by accelerating time-to-compliance.
The Industry’s Only Solution That Stops Unwanted SharePoint Access
Immediately respond to suspicious access activity by generating alerts, or in certain situations, blocking access completely. Your sensitive files are safe with SecureSphere for SharePoint, the only security technology that can stop unwanted access to files stored in SharePoint.
Stop Attacks on Web-Facing Apps
Defend your SharePoint Web applications from online attacks like SQL injection and cross-site scripting. SecureSphere protects SharePoint sites with the industry-leading Imperva SecureSphere Web Application Firewall technology. Rest assured that your web defenses are up to date with the latest threat intelligence from the Imperva Application Defense Center.
Achieve Clean, Clear SharePoint Auditing and Reporting
Speed up your security investigations and demonstrate strict compliance with visibility into activity occurring throughout your SharePoint environment. With SecureSphere, you can achieve detailed SharePoint auditing from the front-end Web server to the back-end SharePoint database. Summarize your audit data with flexible SharePoint reporting tools.
Save Time and Tighten Controls with Automated Access Rights Reviews
SharePoint compliance and security demand that your organization reevaluate SharePoint permissions on an ongoing basis. With SecureSphere, you can finally put a regular workflow in place for reviewing file access rights. Save time and increase accuracy by allowing data owners to make access control decisions during your review cycles. Learn more about User Rights Management for Files.
Secure Your Data from Advanced Threats
You can protect your sensitive and regulated SharePoint data from sophisticated targeted attacks. SecureSphere integrates with the FireEye’s leading malware detection system to make sure malware-compromised devices can’t access SharePoint. FireEye’s Malware Protection System provides SecureSphere with a list of compromised devices, and SecureSphere stops them before they can access SharePoint and cause trouble. Learn more about Imperva and FireEye.
Uncover Hidden Costs
Cut costs quickly by reclaiming unused storage space that is taken up by SharePoint. With SecureSphere, you can determine exactly which data is and isn’t being used and then efficiently archive or delete unused data.
Easily Monitor Privileged Users
Simplify SharePoint security by maintaining a record of all SharePoint permissions and privileged user access to your SQL database. SecureSphere ensures that your SharePoint files, lists, and application data are fully protected from insider abuse or attackers moving laterally across the organization.
SecureSphere for SharePoint Specifications
Specification Description SharePoint Versions Supported
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007, 2010, 2013
Directory Services Supported
- Microsoft Active Directory users and groups
User Rights Management
- Audit user access rights to files and lists via SharePoint permissions
- Validate excessive rights on sensitive data
- Identify dormant accounts
- Identify files accessible by global groups
- Track changes to user rights
- Revoke rights and group membership
- Recommend data owners
SharePoint Activity Audit
- User name
- Object name
- Operation (add/remove/delete)
- Object type
- Before and after value
- Source and Destination IP
Data Classification Tamper-Proof Audit Trail
- Audit trail stored in a tamper-proof repository
- Optional encryption or digitally signing of audit data
- Role based access controls to view audit data (read-only)
- Real-time visibility of audit data
- Web traffic: Transparent Bridge (Layer 2), Reverse Proxy and Transparent Proxy (Layer 7), Non-inline sniffer
- SharePoint content: lightweight agents
- SharePoint database: lightweight agents
- Web User Interface (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Command Line Interface (SSH/Console)
- MX Server for centralized management
Events and Reporting
- Integration with leading siem vendors
- Email to data owners and other stakeholders
- Custom followed action
- SecureSphere task workflow
- Integrated graphical reporting
- Real-time dashboard