Streamline Complex Access Rights Reviews
To meet compliance requirements and ensure file protection, it’s critical to make sure only those with a business need access your unstructured data. User Rights Management for Files, included with the SecureSphere File Security products, helps streamline access rights reviews while increasing their accuracy. It allows you to establish a repeatable process for unstructured data governance, and replace costly, error-prone manual processes with an efficient, automated workflow.
Establish an Efficient, Repeatable Process for Access Rights Reviews
Time is money. Comply with regulations and ensure unstructured data governance by making it faster and easier to perform access rights reviews on an ongoing basis. SecureSphere provides an end-to-end workflow for reviewing permissions across all of your file storage systems, and even includes data owners in the process for increased accuracy and tighter control.
Give Auditors What They Want and Get the Controls You Need
When it’s time to audit file permissions, you need to demonstrate that only the right people are accessing your sensitive business data. With User Rights Management for Files, you can keep a detailed audit trail of file permissions changes that’s clear and up to date. Prove your organization is in compliance with SecureSphere predefined reports that summarize the results of your file permissions review.
Actively Reduce Your Risk
Protect what matters most by preventing your file data from becoming an easy target. With SecureSphere, you can ensure that your files aren’t overly accessible by uncovering dormant users and unused access rights. Lower your risk of a data breach with our powerful analytics and reporting tools that make it easier to investigate and eliminate excessive file permissions.
Allow Data Owners to Control File Access
You can reduce risk and keep files secure by directly involving data owners in access rights reviews. It makes sense—those who know the data best determine who can access it. With SecureSphere we’ve made it easy with an intuitive portal that allows business owners to log in, make file access decisions, and submit the results directly to IT to take action.
User Rights Management for Files Specifications
Specification Description Operating Systems Supported
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012
- RedHat 5.X
- Solaris 10
File Systems Supported
- Windows file storage systems
- UNIX/Linux file storage systems
- NAS devices
Directory Services Supported
- Microsoft Active Directory users and groups
User Rights Management
- Audit user access rights to files via file system permissions
- Validate excessive rights on sensitive data
- Identify dormant accounts
- Identify files accessible by global groups
- Track changes to user rights
- Revoke rights and group membership
- Recommend data owners
- Metadata and content-based via integration with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) vendors such as RSA, Websense, McAfee, and Symantec
- Manual designation
- Web User Interface (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Command Line Interface (SSH/Console)
- MX Server for centralized management
Events and Reporting
- Integration with leading SIEM vendors
- Email to data owners and other stakeholders
- Custom followed action
- SecureSphere task workflow
- Integrated graphical reporting
- Real-time dashboard