Information we collect
Imperva gathers information from you to help us manage our relationship with you. The information we gather may include:
- contact details such as your user name, email address, telephone number, your company’s name and your title,
- if you contact us by email through the websites we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, including any information that you provide to us in your message,
- shipping, billing and payment information,
- your transaction history,
- information you provide to us to receive technical assistance or during customer service interactions,
- information about other people that you may provide with any program or services,
- information about your computer or device, including browser type and settings, IP address and traffic data relating to your Internet connection,
- product performance data and information about how you use our products and services, and
- aggregated data or other information that does not specifically identify you, such as actions taken on our websites.
How we use your information
We may use your information to:
- communicate with you, including responding to you if you contact us,
- verify your identity and entitlement to products and services,
- provide, register and support our products and services,
- deliver newsletters, product updates or technical alerts,
- manage your registered user account through which you can take advantage of the services made available by Imperva, including access to the support or the download websites,
- allow you to view information on the website,
- market specific products and services,
- provide quotes, process orders and subscriptions, update order status, ship products, and collect payment information and payment,
- evaluate, analyze and improve Imperva’s products and services through surveys, questionnaires, and other methods of gathering information,
- allow you to download our “white papers”, participate in webinars or request a space in one of our training classes,
- download investor information or to receive news feeds through our “RSS Feed Registration” service, or email alerts such as press releases, SEC filings or stock information, through our “Email Alert Subscription” service,
- collect feedback, conduct chat sessions and improve our chat sessions by reviewing them with our customer service representatives,
- communicate with you about and manage your participation in contests, offers or promotions,
- secure our systems and applications,
- facilitate the provisioning of services,
- provide you with a customized experience when you visit our websites,
- enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements, and
- meet contractual obligations.
Information from third parties
We may combine information about you that we receive from third parties with the information we have gathered to improve the quality of our product and service offerings and to tailor our communications with you.
How we protect your information
Imperva is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ appropriate security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Those measures include:
- controlled access to our facilities, locked doors and file cabinets and secure destruction of media containing your information,
- the use of anti-virus and endpoint protection software, encryption, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies, and
- training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect your information.
We bind our employees to observe your privacy and confidentiality rights.
Personal data will be maintained as necessary to satisfy the reasons it was collected. We also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Our Policy Towards Children
Imperva’s business is not focused on, nor do we knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child, who is under 13, has provided us with personally identifiable information without the guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will remove such information from our files.
Links to other websites
How we share your information
Imperva may share personally identifiable information submitted or collected among its affiliated entities for purposes of improving products or services, responding to inquiries or orders, or for processing or storage.
Resellers and Partners
The information you give us about your interest in our products may be used by third parties to provide you with more relevant advertising. If we send you interest-based advertising on a third party website and you click on our advertising, we will know only the domain you came from. We do not track your other activities on that website.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Imperva cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including subpoenas and court orders); to protect the property and rights of Imperva or a third party, the safety of the public or any person; to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity; or to comply with the law.
Imperva may decide to sell, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses. Such transactions may involve, in accordance with applicable law, the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers. We make it a practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these situations.
Managing your information
We communicate with users who subscribe to our services on a regular basis via email, and we may also communicate by phone to resolve customer complaints or investigate suspicious transactions. We may use your email address to confirm your opening of an account, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services or to provide those products or services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
We provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us such as updates from us regarding new services and products. You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information if you do not want us to utilize it for such purposes or to share it with third parties. The opt-out choice or withdrawal of consent may be exercised by clicking on the link provided for such purposes in the emails you receive or by unsubscribing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries, access and updating your personal data
Please help us keep the personal data you have shared accurate and up to date. You may make these updates yourself online as a registered user via our customer or partner portal or otherwise by sending an email to email@example.com. We will respond to requests to access or delete your information within a reasonable period of time.
If you have any other questions about this privacy statement or if you wish to inspect the information we hold about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: December 12, 2016