Information we collect
Imperva gathers information from you to help us manage our relationship with you. he categories of personal information and how we collect it may include:
- Information you provide to Imperva websites, including:
- contact details, such as your user name, email address, telephone number, your company, and your title
- information about your computer, device, and browser, such as browser type and settings, IP address, the Imperva web pages you visit, the domain from which you are visiting, the search terms you use, and traffic data relating to your Internet connection
- Information you provide to Imperva support, including:
- your contact information and message content when you contact us by email, webform, or other customer service interactions
- Information you provide to Imperva to service your contract, including:
- contact details of your administrative or operational contacts
- shipping, billing, payment information, and transaction history
- Information you provide through use of Imperva products and services, including:
- information about your computer or device, such as browser type and settings, IP address, and traffic data relating to your Internet connection
- information about other people that you may provide to us via any product, program, or service
- product performance data and information about how you use Imperva products and services
- any other specific categories of data specified in our legal agreements with you the customer, if applicable, such as a data processing agreement or addendum
- Third Party Information. We may combine information about you that we receive from third parties with information we gather from you for the purposes listed in the “How we use your information” section below.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Data. We also collect aggregate data and de-identified information that does not specifically identify you, such as actions taken on our websites.
How we use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Website operation and administration, including:
- allowing you to view information on our websites
- providing a customized experience when you visit our websites
- delivery of product and service resources, such as whitepapers and other cybersecurity and risk resources
- delivery of webinars or training
- Provision of Imperva Product and Services, including:
- verifying your identity and entitlement to products and services
- managing your registered user account
- delivering information about product updates or technical alerts
- providing quotes, processing orders and subscriptions, updating order status, shipping products, and collecting payment information and payment
- Customer Support, including:
- communicating with you, such as responding to you if you contact us
- provision of technical support for Imperva products and services
- Marketing, including:
- delivering newsletters and other content
- marketing specific products and services
- measuring the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns
- creating internal models to better identify and engage with interested industry segments, companies, and customers
- communicating with you about and managing your participation in contests, offers, or promotions
- User Feedback, including:
- evaluating and analyzing customer feedback, such as surveys, questionnaires, customer chat history with Imperva teams, in order to improve Imperva’s products, services, and support
- Information Security, including:
- securing our websites, products, services, systems, and applications
- Legal Obligations, including:
- meeting contractual obligations to customers
- exercising Imperva’s legal rights
- complying with legal requirements
How we share your information
Imperva may share personally identifiable information submitted or collected among its own affiliated entities for purposes of improving products or services, responding to inquiries or orders, for processing or storage, and for the purposes listed in “How we use your information.”
Resellers and Partners
The information you provide to us about your interest in our products may be pseudonymized and shared with third parties, where allowable, to provide more relevant advertising of Imperva products and services. If you receive Imperva advertising on a third party website and you click on our product or service advertising, we will know the domain you come from. We do not track your other activities on that website.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Imperva cooperates with governments, regulators, and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including subpoenas and court orders); to protect the property and rights of Imperva or a third party; the safety of the public or any person; to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity; or to comply with the law.
Imperva may decide to sell, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses. Such transactions may involve, in accordance with applicable law, the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers. In those cases, Imperva seeks and obtains appropriate protection for personal information. For example, an acquiring company may use personal information originally shared with the acquired company for the originally disclosed purposes, such as to provide the contracted service.
How we protect your information
Imperva works hard to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access. Those measures include:
- the use of endpoint protection software, encryption, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies,
- controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing your information, and
- training and awareness programs on security and privacy to ensure employees understand the importance of and how to protect your information.
Additionally, all our employees have agreed to observe your privacy and confidentiality rights.
Personal data will be maintained only as necessary to satisfy the reasons for which it was collected. We also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Our Policy Towards Children
Imperva’s business is not focused on, nor do we knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will remove that information.
Managing your information
Choice to opt-out
We provide an opt-out choice for most types of communication, such as updates from us regarding new services and product releases. You may opt out from the use of your personal information for those non-required communications. Your opt-out choice may be exercised by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in the emails you receive or by sending an unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users cannot opt out of certain communications that are necessary for the service(s) provided to the user. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your opening of an account, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, to provide those products or services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. We may also communicate with you by phone to resolve customer complaints or investigate suspicious transactions.
Inquiries, access and updating your personal data
Please help us keep the personal data you have shared accurate and up to date. For further information on how to do this and how to exercise data subject rights, please visit our Data Subject Requests page. You may also make these updates yourself online as a registered user via our customer or partner portals.
Last updated: April 2, 2020
Effective date: April 13, 2020.