SAN MATEO, Calif. — Oct. 26, 2020 — Imperva, Inc., (@Imperva) the cybersecurity leader whose mission is to protect data and all paths to it, has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls for the seventh consecutive year.
The Web Application Firewall (WAF) market is defined by Gartner as driven by customers’ need to protect “web applications and APIs against a variety of attacks, including automated attacks (bots), injection attacks and application layer denial of service (DoS). They should provide signature-based protection, and support positive security models (automated allow-listing) and/or anomaly detection.”
“We are extremely proud to once again be recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls, and remain committed to protecting business-critical data, applications and APIs no matter where or how they are deployed,” said Kunal Anand, CTO, Imperva. “Our customers count on us to protect their organization’s most valuable assets and deliver security insights they can act on, and Imperva remains the company best positioned to meet these needs.”
Imperva’s ability to protect data, websites and applications is confirmed by customers. For Imperva Cloud WAF, customers offer an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 74 total reviews on Gartner Peer Insights, as of October 26, 2020. Here’s what customers have to say:
- An Information Security Consultant says, “Couldn’t be happier. Bаndwіdth соnsеrvаtіоn аnd DDоS mіtgаtіоn. In thе twо wееks bеfоrе sіgnіng uр wіth Inсарsulа, wе wеrе vісtіms оf 3 DDоS аttасks аnd stаrtіng tо lоsе сlіеnt соnfіdеnсе. Inсарsulа hаs соmрlеtеly еrаdісаtеd thаt wоrry. It hаs аlsо сut оur bаndwіdth соst аt оur dаtа сеntеr by оvеr 20%.”
- An IT Infrastructure Architect says, “Excellent Cloud Firewall Service! Very good experience with WAF services in the cloud, it provides a protection service for web services, a high range of variables to protect any type of protection from threats related to cybersecurity. The firewall protection system protects, monitors, filters and blocks any unwanted detection for our web application.”
- An Information Security and Risk Management customer says, “It’s one of the best solutions in the world of cybersecurity. My organization is using WAF to protect our web applications from OWASP attacks especially (CSRF, XXS and SQL injection) which are now commonly used by hackers to steal sensitive information.”
About Imperva WAF Solutions
Imperva WAF is at the core of Imperva’s leading Cloud Web Application and API Protection (WAAP) platform. Applications, and the attacks on them, are in a constant state of change. As our capabilitiesare constantly adapted to the latest developments in cloud-native technology, Imperva Research Labs automatically keeps WAAP customers protected from emerging DDoS attacks, malicious bots, attacks on open APIs and supply chain fraud.
Download a complimentary copy of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls to learn more.
- Register for a webinar ‘Modern Applications and Creative Attackers: Application Security in Flux’ on October 29 at 10:00 a.m. pacific with Kunal Anand, CTO, Imperva
- Join Matt Hathaway, Security Strategist, Imperva, on November 10 at 10:00 a.m. pacific for a conversation about Protecting Beyond the OWASP Top 10
- Learn more about Imperva Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
1 Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls”; Jeremy D’Hoinne, Adam Hils, Rajpreet Kaur, John Watts; October 19, 2020.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-users based on their own experiences, and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
Imperva is the cybersecurity leader whose mission is to protect data and all paths to it. Imperva protects the data of over 6,200 customers from cyber attacks through all stages of their digital journey. Imperva Research Labs and our global intelligence community enable Imperva to stay ahead of the threat landscape and seamlessly integrate the latest security, privacy and compliance expertise into our solutions.
© 2020 Imperva, Inc. All rights reserved. Imperva is a trademark of Imperva, Inc. and its subsidiaries.