SaaS Technical Writer
Imperva, a cybersecurity leader in on-Premises, cloud, and hybrid environments, is looking for an experienced technical writer to be part of the documentation team. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to learn about new technologies and authoring tools, sharpen your writing skills, and grow together with a successful company that continues to evolve and protect some of the world’s most critical companies.
The Technical Communications department mission is to provide high quality, accurate information that enables our users to understand, configure, and use Imperva products. You’ll be participating in a wide range of activities to support the creation and maintenance of our customer-facing documentation, including critical deliveries on a weekly basis.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working in an agile environment, delivering weekly public releases as part of our Cloud WAF team
- Sitting with SMEs to learn about new products and features
- Producing high-quality documentation in a demanding environment
- Adhering to documentation guidelines and documented procedures
- Providing assistance in preparing customer-facing aspects of features, including microcopy, messages, and so on.
- Participating in status meetings for features and releases
- Supporting the operation of the technical writing department
The ideal candidate for this role should be:
- Highly energetic, ready to work in a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities and short release cycles
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Independent, self-driven
- Technically savvy
- A master at multi-tasking with a “rosh gadol”
You should feel comfortable searching out both people and information, following up on tasks, and coordinating between the various departments including R&D, QA and PM.
The successful candidate will receive training on Imperva products and technology, participate in training sessions on related technology, and be part of a growing and successful company with a strong and supportive culture.
- 5+ years’ experience in technical documentation
- Team player, quick learner with the ability to learn independently
- Ability to understand complex technical products
- Good interpersonal/interviewing skills with the ability to know the right questions to ask
- A strong technology background with the ability to understand complex products
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation under tight deadlines with changing product requirements
- Excellent English (mother-tongue level) and preferably fluent in Hebrew
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently
- Experience delivering documentation for SaaS products with regular releases – an advantage
- Experience with Madcap Flare - an advantage
- Experience in the area of Application Security and Data Protection – an advantage
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.