Technical Product Marketing Manager
We are seeking a dynamic, driven technical product marketer to join the Product Marketing team and the greater Marketing organization to focus on building the technical strategy behind launch plans for our products. As a Technical Product Marketing Manager, you will be an integral member of the product marketing team. The right hire will also be comfortable with the technical aspects of product development and our customers’ story. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly and persuasively. To be successful in this role, you will need an understanding of the security industry and its primary challenges and to collaborate cross-functionally to communicate Imperva’s value to drive adoption of our offerings.
We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization, and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our superior culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them.
- Help build technical content to support Imperva security products and solutions for the middle and bottom of the funnel to support the consideration and decision stage of the buyer's journey.
- Coordinate the team’s efforts concerning design guides, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for Imperva security solutions.
- Build and maintain a demonstration environment for Imperva security solutions to support marketing efforts as required.
- Recommend improvements to the trial process and product lead growth initiatives to improve conversions for all products. (working with PMM and Product Management)
- Support product launch activities and assist with trade shows, conferences and technical sales training or channel partner training activities.
- Learn and understand the technical strategy of projects with product management/product marketing as well as participate in cross-functional teams to develop product and solution roadmaps.
- Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with technical RFPs and work with a cross-functional team of PMs, SEs, and Engineers as required.
- Perform market and competitive analysis to assist in positioning our products with differentiation
- BA/BS (business, marketing, or engineering preferred).
- Must have prior experience (3+ Years) in a Technical Marketing, Sales Engineering, or Software Development role within the security industry.
- Able to effectively present technical material to small and large groups.
- Possess a solid understanding of web applications, security, and networking.
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL, Web Applications, Load balancers, proxies, and firewalls.
- Compliance standards knowledge – an advantage.
- Proven background in writing scripts (Perl/Shell/Python) and/or SQL queries.
- Experience with network or web application firewalls (WAF) and/or IDS/IPS
- Database proxy or database firewall experience is desirable.
- Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency. Must be resourceful, proactive, and aggressive.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possess a high level of integrity.
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Web and multimedia production skills preferred.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.