, United States
Product Support Engineer, Cloud Security
About the Opportunity
Imperva, the leader in Data Security, is looking for a highly motivated, hands-on experienced Product Support Engineer to join our team in the US (Remote).
As a Product Support Engineer for our End User Customers, you will play an integral part in building our Imperva Global Support Team, working alongside our exceptional team of professionals in Product Support, Engineering, QA, and Sales Security Engineering (SE). The successful applicant will gain a deep understanding of the Imperva product line technology while diagnosing and solving complex technical issues and creating a viable and timely solution for customers.
● Handling level 2-3 support cases, working directly with Imperva customers, partners and Sales Engineers.
● Take ownership of problems, work with internal Imperva support, research, development and product functions to deliver actionable intelligence that will inform future product enhancements
● Act as a trusted advisor, providing a high quality of troubleshooting, investigation, and consultation when requested by customers
● Escalating customers’ technical product issues to the Imperva Engineering department and working with them to achieve a resolution.
● Analyzing Support case trends and customer requirements while working with the Product Teams to help enhance the product.
● Contribute to the Imperva knowledge base, writing guides, technical how-to articles, etc.
● Willingness to take pre-scheduled weekend shifts
● Experience with a cloud based solution, preferably in the Application security sector
● Minimum 3 years of high-level Technical Support experience with an additional 2 years of experience working with Security or Network related products.
● Excellent Customer Support skills coupled with a BSCS Degree or equivalent experience.
● Solid experience working with Internet Security and Networking Technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSL, DNS, TCP/IP, Load balancers, Proxies and Firewalls
● Familiarity and experience with OWASP top 10 risks
● Experience with implementing and support of AWS or other cloud providers
● Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
● Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
● Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, and accurately.
● Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new software applications
● Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, Shell (advantage)
● Experience in Software Development or QA of Network/Security/Database products (advantage)
● Working experience of tcpdump, Wireshark and other sniffing tools (advantage)
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.