IMPERVA - VICE PRESIDENT PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (Data Security)
We are looking to hire a product leader to join our global product management team.
You will own and drive the strategy and execution for key elements of the Imperva product portfolio. Partnered with other related product management, you will develop a strategy based on market opportunities and business goals, work with product development leaders to build a product execution plan, and develop an end-to-end go-to-market (GTM) plan partnered with marketing, sales, legal and finance.
We are looking to hire a product leader to join our global product management team. You will own and drive the strategy and execution for key components of the Imperva product portfolio. Partnering with other related product management, you will develop a strategy based on market opportunities and business goals, work with product development leaders to build a product execution plan, and develop an end-to-end go-to-market (GTM) plan partnered with marketing, sales, legal and finance.
The VP will interface with Sales, Product Marketing, Engineering, Research, and Delivery groups to best understand customer needs and approaches to meet those needs.
The VP will create a high level vision, requirements, roadmap, perform market research, assist in GTM strategy, and work with technology and business partners. You will maintain a deep understanding of the market, our competition, and latest industry trends
This role will report into the SVP of Product Management.
**Travel is required 2-3 times a year overseas and 1-2 a quarter domestically.
**This position can be located in any of the following locations: United States (Any Remote US location), EMEA (Any remote location), or in one of our Israel office locations in Rehovot or Tel Aviv.
Imperva is a leading provider of cybersecurity solutions that protect business-critical data and applications. The company’s product lines enable organizations to discover assets and vulnerabilities, protect information wherever it lives – on-premises and in the cloud – and comply with regulations. The Imperva Application Defense Center, a research team, composed of some of the world’s leading experts in data and application security, continually enhance Imperva products with up-to-the-minute threat intelligence, and publish reports that provide insight and guidance on the latest threats and how to mitigate them.
- Build industry-leading cybersecurity solutions that position Imperva to be a profitable growth company.
- Establish the vision, strategy and business model for the product portfolio or focus areas for which he or she is responsible. Define and manage the definition of product vision and strategy.
- Communicate that vision and strategy across the organization and externally.
- Convert the vision to a product roadmap which encompasses the whole product and services portfolio associated with your solutions.
- Engage with customers, partners, analysts, investors and internal teams to recognize customer problems and the market landscape.
- Lead product managers who are working with your guidance to execute these responsibilities.
- Identify new products or enhancements to existing products by understanding and analyzing user needs.
- Identify market opportunities, perform competitive analysis, and engage with industry analysts.
- Engage with the executive team to align on product strategy, business goals, and resource allocation.
- Collaborate with senior leaders across the company to form an end-to-end product and GTM plan
- Develop a product roadmap and work with cross-functional teams to drive execution
- Serve as market-facing subject matter authority for the product portfolio and collaborate with industry analysts and the media as the company representative
- Work alongside product marketing to identify the unmet needs of senior security decision makers, document their perceived criteria for success, and ultimately define what Imperva needs to do to successfully position the Imperva product portfolio
- Develop competitive positioning for the product portfolio by using competitive analysis and input from product marketing and product management
- Communicate progress and remove roadblocks with key team members
- Serve as an industry spokesperson and advocate in championing Imperva offerings to customers and the security industry.
- Gather and incorporate product feedback into subsequent product releases.
- Create formal product documentation such as feature sheets and user guides.
- 15-20+ years of technology product management or marketing experience in a leadership role, preferably leading enterprise cybersecurity solutions
- Demonstrated capacity for understanding and developing both short-term and long-term product strategy leadership role, preferably leading enterprise cybersecurity solutions
- Has initiative and passion and is excited to lead cross-functional teams and drive strategy
- The ability to make business and product decisions under pressure, and to own the outcome
- Consistent track record of developing products with best-in-class customer experience
- Experienced with SaaS products and business models
- Proven track record of developing productive relationships across product management, product development, marketing, Sales/SEs and CTO office
- Excellent presentation skills with strong ability to present to senior level executives
- Proven track record of working with product development and product marketing to build and market great products
- Proven track record of developing and recruiting talent
- Experience presenting to customers, analysts and press, and industry groups to present the company and product vision and build awareness
- Ability to translate complex concepts and technologies into high-value business propositions
- Desirable experience: MBA degree; familiarity with enterprise security customers; familiarity with enterprise web and mobile applications
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.
- A demonstrated track record of taking ownership and getting results
- A data-driven mindset and a strong expertise in data and ideally data security specifically
- The ability to synthesize the technical vision and the business concerns
- Strong business judgment
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities amid ambiguity
- Ability to formulate creative and data-driven decisions
- Ability to conceptualize, run, and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, social, and relationship management abilities with a track record of working with global teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for leadership, management, and mentoring
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.#LI-VA1