Strategic Vendor Manager
Imperva prides itself on cultivating an inclusive environment where people can bring their boldest self to work. We live and breathe our values to uphold our mission to protect our customers’ data and all paths to it. We are driven by our key values of Innovation, Customer Obsession, Sense of Urgency, Collaboration, and Community.
The Imperva Infrastructure team architects, builds, and operates one of the largest globally-distributed DDOS and WAF platforms in support of our substantial customer base of multinational companies with growing network security needs. We continually iterate on all aspects of AS 19551 including network infrastructure including working closely on our efforts with data center operators, network hardware vendors, operational systems developers, Internet Service Providers, and a variety of partner organizations around the world.
We have concentrations of employees in Plano, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, but support remote hires globally to best meet our customer needs.
- Lifecycle management of new and existing commercial contracts with operators of data centers, network services, and related activities, including development of relationships up to the C-level
- Develop standards with Imperva senior management for request for proposals, master service agreements, service level objectives and agreements, and overall vendor engagement
- Serve as an escalation point for critical needs of internal Imperva teams, and position Imperva as a key strategic customer with our current and potential vendors
- Continually balance tradeoffs between cost and performance. Be relentlessly curious as to how Imperva can iterate on vendor efforts to be more effective.
- Use industry forums such as ITW, PTC, and Capacity events to raise awareness of Imperva in the industry, further critical relationships, and help recruit exceptional infrastructure talent
- Help drive a high overall cadence of activities on the network and data center strategy team
Our Company:Imperva is the cybersecurity leader whose mission is to help organizations protect their data and all paths to it. Customers around the world trust Imperva to protect their applications, data and websites from cyber attacks. With an integrated approach combining edge, application security and data security, Imperva protects companies through all stages of their digital journey. Imperva Research Labs and our global intelligence community enable Imperva to stay ahead of the threat landscape and seamlessly integrate the latest security, privacy and compliance expertise into our solutions. Learn more on the Imperva website or company blog, and follow Imperva on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Substantial global experience negotiating pricing and contract terms with data center operators and providers of network services including IP transit, DWDM waves, dark fiber, internet exchanges, and emerging fabric offerings. A successful candidate will have extensive personal experience with key vendors and a deep understanding of current pricing and trends.
- An aptitude to continually advance and complete multiple concurrent global sourcing negotiations within our strategic framework and cost structure
- Ability to express requirements and negotiate in clear and concise written form, particularly in efforts across time zones and in conjunction with legal teams on contract redlines
- Experience working with network strategy, business operations, circuit provisioning, capacity planning, contract management, and legal teams to coordinate and prioritize efforts
- Financial modeling skills that allow internal teams to understand our current and potential cost structure and commitments from a granular level up to an infrastructure-wide view
- Presentation development skills that effectively inform a wide spectrum of internal audiences on our vendor strategies, potential approaches, and industry trends
- Gap analysis on existing workflows to identify opportunities for scaling and overall performance improvements across the Imperva infrastructure organization
- Excellent network and business data analysis skills including tools and sources such as Google Sheets, Tableau, SQL queries, Kentik, and Grafana
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% regionally and globally
Benefits:IImperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in cybersecurity. Learn about Imperva products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Legal Notice:Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.