Senior Director of Engineering- Relocation to Vancouver
Imperva is seeking a Sr. Director of Engineering to lead product development for our Data Security product in Vancouver, Canada.
The team is responsible for a global-scale, mission-critical, customer-facing solution that powers Imperva’s leading suite of Data Security products and services.
You will be the driving force behind our cutting-edge products. You will serve as a key member of the Product Development management team and collaborate with other engineering leaders on strategic issues and initiatives. You will work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Lead the product development teams in Vancouver consisting of highly professional engineers and provide high-level guidance and support to promote an innovative and challenging work environment that can execute both independently and collaboratively to deliver results.
- Work to scope and plan key deliverables with business stakeholders and development teams to ensure successful deliver
- Optimize the organizational structure for fast and reliable deliveries and to create a collaborative culture and environment between the Vancouver office and the other global offices of Imperva, mainly the one based in Tel Aviv.
- Own the technical output of the Sonar team. Ensure high technical standards by implementing processes (technical design, code reviews, testing, and rollout) and strengthening department culture (hacker mentality, agility, and engineering excellence). Review and drive long term technical direction.
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Product Management, Marketing and Customer Success in an agile environment.
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 6+ years of experience leading large engineering teams
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience managing organizations of 30+ (preferably 50+) across geographies
- Deep domain knowledge and hands-on capabilities in at least one of the following areas: cloud environments, web applications, databases, networking, application/network/data, ML/AI, security, SaaS
- Experience in the development of cloud-native solutions and good understanding of the different public cloud services
- Passionate about understanding, learning, and evaluating new technologies
- Excellent leadership, collaborative management practices, communication and interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Foster team culture and practice of mentorship and collaboration
- Demonstrated success with meeting the needs of a wide range of employees while driving team performance, monitoring results and appropriately allocating resources.
- Strong leadership skills, leading by example, driving employee commitment through actions, and empowering employees to reach their full potential
- Collaborates with team to help determine and implement the values, vision and strategic goals (long and short term) of the company and executes change initiatives
Imperva is the cybersecurity leader whose mission is to help organizations protect their data and all paths to it. Customers around the world trust Imperva to protect their applications, data and websites from cyber attacks. With an integrated approach combining edge, application security and data security, Imperva protects companies through all stages of their digital journey. Imperva Research Labs and our global intelligence community enable Imperva to stay ahead of the threat landscape and seamlessly integrate the latest security, privacy and compliance expertise into our solutions. Learn more on the Imperva website or company blog, and follow Imperva on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in cybersecurity. Learn about Imperva products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.