Imperva, a leading cyber-security provider for application, data, and API security, is growing to meet the demands of our customers and partners. Due to this growth, we are looking for a Sales Engineering Manager to join our team in Japan.
In this dynamic role, you will be an integral part of a world class sales and sales engineering organization. You will be responsible for pre-sales in the Japan region and will lead a highly skilled team of sales engineers with responsibilities to support pre-sales activities, build programs to develop technical and sales skills, create your own initiatives that drives thought leadership and address specific enablement needs of your region. In addition to enabling your own team, you will be highly involved in deploying a technical enablement strategy for the partner ecosystem in Japan.
You will also partner with leadership across sales, channel, marketing, product, customer success, technical support and other business functions to design, support and execute growth initiatives. In addition, your entrepreneurial spirit will identify other areas of opportunities for growth that you own and execute.
Fundamentally, this position will require a business savvy individual with a strong background in technical sales, cyber-security, solutions consulting and desire to proactively engage aspects of the business that drives growth for Japan and Imperva.
This position will report to the APJ Senior Director of Sales Engineering.
- Partner with the Japan Area Vice President of Sales to drive enterprise-wide sales-related initiatives within our accounts and channel.
- Oversee technical pre-sales operations to support regional quota achievement.
- Interact at a senior level with customers and partners and provide valuable insight into industry trends, customer challenges, technical evolutions, and business changes that will help the customer make their security decisions
- Understand and articulate the key technical, operational, and commercial challenges faced by our prospects and customers that Imperva addresses
- Ensure effective account planning and pre-sales execution is executed across the teams to deliver compelling business-focused solutions that address customers' security needs.
- Develop and own outcome-oriented pre-sales initiatives that drive pipeline and sales.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Imperva partners (reseller, distribution, system integrators, and alliances) and drive and measure initiatives to improve sales productivity.
- Lead expansion initiatives to support the upsell of solutions within key accounts.
- Ensure the teams develop deep ongoing relationships across their accounts to drive adoption and growth across the portfolio after the initial sale.
- Define and report on a regular basis key metrics that measure success of pre-sales activities and initiatives.
- Personnel management – create clear goals for your team with individual development plans to maintain high standards of engagement.
- Provide pre-sales leadership with continuous engagement and strategic planning with Sales management, Sales Reps, SEs, partners and customers to positively impact sales calls, build technical relationships and resolve technical issues as needed.
- Operate effectively in a matrix manner with extended teams, such as Support, Finance, WW SE, HR, Product Management, and other relevant organizations.
- Act as an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Develop, mentor, manage, and support reporting sales engineers with technical and organizational leadership.
- A minimum of 8 years of Sales Engineering management experience preferred.
- Reputation with customers and partners as a trusted advisor who will always take care of their needs.
- Possess a combination of strong management, technical and business skills.
- In addition to cyber-security, must possess working knowledge of cloud native technologies, cloud services, networking, databases technologies and programming used in modern application development.
- Strong track record of sales, leading teams, and execution in fast paced environment.
- Industry knowledge of security market trends including Application, Data and API security.
- Ability to present at key conferences and deliver executive presentations.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with customers and partners at senior levels.
- Highly motivated with a strong focus on solving problems, customer success and a clear commitment to generating topline growth
- Leads by example, possess a sense of urgency, and will not hesitate to get into the details of the business.
- Strategic thinker and high-performance individual that can collaborate and lead cross-functional initiatives from ideation to execution.
- 50-75% Travel required
- Fluent in Japanese, English.