Imperva is seeking an IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) with strong experience in business partnering and engagement. The BRM is a strategic business partner who shares ownership for both business strategy and business value results. The BRM owns business relationships and serves as a single point of focus, working to converge IT with go to market functions such as Marketing, Sales and Service. This is achieved by stimulating, surfacing, and shaping demand for capabilities and assets, in addition to ensuring that the potential business value from those capabilities and assets are captured, optimized, and recognized
Strategic Partnering and Strategy
- Coach business and enable them to articulate their function’s (i.e. technology, people, etc.) needs and requirements that will advance business performance
- Partner with applications architecture to develop and maintain multi-year business capability roadmaps.
- Partner with the project/program/portfolio management organization (PMO) to ensure a healthy and well-managed initiative portfolio.
- Partner with business leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Correlate business value and priorities to planning activities and goal-setting.
- Ensure that project/program managers of business partner projects are knowledgeable about the business partner and their objectives; engage as a project/program stakeholder, including evaluating project efforts and progress against joint strategic plans and objectives.
Partnership and Driving Results
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business partner’s business unit and build positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically.
- Ensure business value realization and optimization, from value plans through consultancy, business case development, financial awareness, managing expectations, and identifying opportunities to add value.
- Measure and communicate business value realized with the business partner on a periodic basis
- Communicate business needs to appropriate IT delivery teams to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
- Gather high-level business requirements and deﬁne scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews
- Lead the development of business cases requiring IT-based solutions
- Interfaces with vendors to understand whether vendor products will meet business requirements
- Work closely with Business Analysts and Solutions Architects in support of projects
- Participate in trials and the piloting of new tools; provide appropriate support and expertise in testing procedures and the development of appropriate testing standards, testing and distribution, implementation and reporting; tracking and project planning support;
- Provide support and solutions for the integration of individual systems as well as to ensure a level of interoperability when required;
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of project engagement management experience
- 5+ years program and project management experience, including estimating and forecasting, budget and financial management, staffing / hiring and resource management
- Proven track record of managing IT/business relationship and interacting with mid to senior business executives
- Functional experience in Sales, Marketing and Customer Service is required
- Background in the high tech or software industry is preferred.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities
- Strong collaboration, exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with global functional and technical teams including the business.
- Self-motivating and able to work independently with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new processes and technologies in order to meet business needs and drive business value
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.