Imperva is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer (SE) to join our team in Singapore. Imperva is a pioneer and leader of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data residing in the data centers or cloud platforms. Thousands of the world's leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to prevent data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage cyber risks.
Imperva is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer (SE) to join our team in Singapore. Imperva is a pioneer and leader of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data residing in the data centers or cloud platforms. Thousands of the world's leading businesses, government organisations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to prevent data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage cyber risks.
This role will be part of the Singapore Enterprise team. The Singapore team focuses on selling into, and broadening and deepening existing partnerships with, some of the largest companies in Singapore. Whilst the SE will primarily work within Singapore, there will be travel opportunities to support sales efforts in both existing and prospective customers around Singapore.
The role is an integral part of the sales organization and assists the sales team with pre-sales technical knowledge, presentations, and engagements. This entails working closely with sales managers, prospects, and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
What you will bring:
- A strong interest in expanding your career in Pre-sales consulting with a leading Cyber Security vendor and supporting organizations to protect their applications and data
- Understanding of the Australian public sector and experience in working with the Federal Government, not-for-profits, and public funded entities and organizations
- Deep appreciation in the role of technology in business, how technology tooling fits into operating models, and can effectively deal with business and IT stakeholders
- Advanced level of written and verbal communication and listening skills, with proven ability to deliver written artifacts, such as proposals and presentations, and appreciate and decipher different ways of thinking and perspectives
- A team first mindset with strong ability to work as a team member within a collaborative team environment. Specifically, to support other team members and contribute specialist knowledge on specific opportunities or accounts, work with sellers to identify, advance, and close opportunities
- Ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems and circumstances
- A growth mindset, creativity, an inquisitive mind, resilience, and a people centric personality
- 7 or more years of experience in technology, cyber security or pre-sales consulting, complex solution architecture and design, risk & governance, program and project management, or combinations thereof. Prior experience in the Big 4 consultancies will be viewed favorably
- Exposure in IAM, DevSecOps, CI/CD pipeline and practices, cloud security, cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, and GCP), risks and controls frameworks and design, government and industry regulations (APP, GDPR, CPS, PCI, SOX, HIPAA), network security, database administration & engineering, application development, or combinations thereof will be advantageous
- Knowledge in the following areas is desirable: Web Application & API Protection, Advanced Bot Protection, Client-Side Protection, DNS, RASP, Network and Application DDoS protection, Data Activity Monitoring, Database Firewalls, Data Privacy, scripting/automation languages.
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, effectively position Imperva solutions through the strategic and value-based lens, providing relevant and tailored product demonstrations in person and via Zoom, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to clearly demonstrate how Imperva's solutions can provide value to them
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences when required
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop and grow the business
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post-sale installations when necessary
- Be the primary customer technical liaison to assist customers with optimizing the value of their investments in Imperva solutions and expanding their use cases
- Plan, manage, and execute customer product proof of values.