Imperva is looking for a Director, Revenue Accounting to join our growing Finance organization. In this role you will lead the day to day operations of our global revenue accounting function, leveraging your technical expertise with US GAAP, and specifically ASC 606, to quickly identify accounting implications and impacts to customers while collaborating with team members cross-functionally to develop operational processes that help us scale.
- Lead global revenue recognition activities including technical revenue recognition, monthly revenue close, and deal desk review.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders (legal, revenue operations, sales, finance & strategy, etc.) to collaborate on non-routine transactions, new product offerings and process improvements.
- Partner with FP&A to understand revenue recognition impacts to forecasted results.
- Drive career development for the revenue accounting team, providing the leadership and structure for the team to excel as the company grows.
- Identify risk areas in a high growth environment and implement mitigation strategies, including but not limited to team structure, workflow, cross-functional collaboration and system and process changes
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the design and implementation of system projects impacting the revenue accounting team.
- Enhance existing operational processes to provide good service to our business partners while ensuring efficiency and accuracy and our results.
- Review significant and non standard customer agreements to evaluate revenue recognition impacts and propose solutions that align with internal policies and company objectives.
- Review revenue accounting conclusions and lead communication of those conclusions among internal and external stakeholders including auditors.
- Maintain revenue accounting policies and advise on the implementation of new accounting conclusions.
- Partner with other XLOS department to maintain a strong controls environment.
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects
- Maintain relationship with external auditors, provide pragmatic solutions and alternatives to challenging audit requests and inquiries
- Leverage reporting tools to develop, monitor and report on key KPIs to executive levels of management
- Be the subject matter expert on NS/ARM functionality as it relates to the Order to Cash process and how it integrates with SFDC/CPQ
- Review revenue related monthly close activities, such as deferred revenue reconciliations, journal entries, analytics, financial reporting and reporting disclosures for revenue-related areas.
- Identify and initiate process improvements to make the revenue accounting function more efficient.
- Participate actively in projects to streamline the revenue recognition process, including ERP or accounting software implementation.
- Create/update training material and provide ongoing training to cross-functional organization members on revenue related matters as needed.
- Exhibit our leadership capabilities of leading the team, leading themselves, and leading the business
- Must have experience with Salesforce CPQ, Netsuite, ARM and Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including active listening and the ability to articulate complex issues to a variety of audiences
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize competing projects and adhere to deadlines
- High emotional intelligence, ability to build and sustain relationships at multiple levels within and outside of finance
- Proven record of mentoring and developing talent
- 8+ years of experience working in a combination of auditing and revenue accounting in the software industry
- Strong analytical skills and experience working cross functionally with Finance, Legal and Sales to identify accounting issues proactively and research applicable US GAAP implications as necessary
- Strong technical revenue accounting knowledge of US GAAP and specifically ASC 606
- Good understanding of basic order to cash process.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task while maintaining an emphasis on quality
- Ability to work independently as well as lead a team to accomplish tasks
- Preferred CPA or equivalent.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.