An Escalation Engineer will require to works on mainly high and critical issues as escalated by the Product Support team with very complex factors involved, some of which are product bugs.
Also, will need to engage member of Support and R&D (Product Development) and manage the communication between the teams. In some instances, they will need to communicate extremely complex situations to customers in terms they understand.
A successful candidate should have a high level of expertise involving Imperva solutions or other solutions that are deployed in the WAF and DB environments for on-site, public cloud, and hybrid. Possessing very good troubleshooting skills and the ability to understand design vs implementation would be important.
Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a Ph.D. with 2 years experience; or equivalent experience.
· Advanced Networking knowledge in Internet environment (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, HTTPS/SSL/TLS, Layer2 thru Layer7, load balancing, proxies)
· Heavy Experience with analyzing Wireshark/TCP-dumps and Debugging tools such as Burp/Fiddler/Postman.
· Good knowledge of SQL protocol and databases
· Solid/Admin level Experience with different OS, Unix, Linux, and Windows
· Working Knowledge in programming or ability to read/write pseudo code, as well as scripting languages - Python/Bash/etc, and Regex
· Working knowledge with Public cloud deployments
· Solid Security Knowledge including firewalls, CVEs, well-known attacks, and best practices
· Experience with Jira or similar platform
· Solid understanding of RFC and standards
· Should have 2 or more years: preparing escalations for R&D review / working with R&D to resolve issues / reproducing customer issues / applying and testing hotfixes / using debug commands and tools to isolate issues
· Have worked on complex scenarios where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
· Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
· Have the ability to prioritize based on facts and problem severity and/or business impact.
· Drives other teams / Individuals in a mutual effort to resolve the problem.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Product Design / Improvement / Supportability
- Product Development meetings attendance - sprint planning, delivery meetings, Product design meetings
- Data mining – Product Development queries, tickets analysis, etc.
- Submit new required support tools for various customer success teams
- Fasttrack/support tools mapping
Support Knowledge Management
- Product SMEs for major features
- Providing supportability updates via Emails / Knowledgebase articles
- Training for internal teams
- Consultation for other teams / Product Development/ Technical Account Managers / Managed Services /Sales.
- Tools creation (scripts)
- Daily handling of escalation tickets
- Bugs follow-ups with R&D
- Consultation and assistance to team members about their cases (issues)
- Participate in Product Development meetings and push forward supportability tools and capabilities