Regional Sales Manager (RSM), Inside Sales
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, critical for every company, and our specialty. Imperva is a cybersecurity leader that delivers best-in-class solutions to protect data and applications on-premises, in the cloud, and across hybrid environments. Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, small businesses, and service providers. Our team strives to be a world-class, profitable growth company executing on our strategy, delivering on our outcomes, living our values, developing as leaders and having some fun along the way.
The RSM, reporting to the AVP of Inside Sales, will be responsible for managing a co-located (Plano, TX), high energy, high velocity inside sales team of 8 sales professionals selling Imperva solutions and services in the United States. Through strategy and execution, the RSM will apply a broad knowledge of the organization's services, products, and sales strategies to develop mid-level client opportunities and close sales. This highly visible and impactful role will work in tandem with an Inside Sales leadership team, Inside Sales Representatives (ISR’s) and Channel Partners to successfully develop and service all customers or prospects within their respective segmentation.
- Lead and develop a new, high performing inside sales team to optimize profitable revenue growth including recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and developing 8 inside sales professionals with team growth expectations
- Meet and exceed goals by setting sales strategy and executing tactically
- Work in tandem with the Inside Sales Organization and Systems Engineers to inform the customer/prospect and demonstrate Imperva’s capabilities
- Execute on channel environment working closely with key partners such as Optiv, GuidePoint, and Sirius
- Stay informed of customer business opportunities, current conditions, future prospects, active measurements, and competitive issues. Regularly brief Imperva management on status, prospects, and current needs of top customers
- Track and manage sales objectives through weekly, monthly, annual revenue forecasting; develop annual sales quotas for teams and territories; project sales volume/revenue for existing/new solutions and clients using Salesforce.com
- Conduct one-on-one developmental meetings with all direct reports to build more effective communication, identify training and development needs and provide insights about each individual’s performance results
- Responsible for the performance of the sales team; identify under-performers and coach to more consistent and sustained revenue performance to meet/exceed revenue goals using the performance management process as needed when expectations are not met.
- Establish a pipeline of "A" player candidates to fill positions quickly and maintain full staff
- Hold inside sales team accountable for leveraging the account management process to ensure focused territory and client activity to develop opportunities and drive revenue
- Strong cross functional collaboration within a matrix organization to best meet client needs, facilitate sales team development and meet/exceed all sales goals
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Dynamic, high energy sales leader with successful experience in mid-market, executive selling—ideally within Security Technology–Web Application, Database Security
- Minimum 3 years of sales management experience directly leading team with proven sales results
- Demonstrated success in achievement or over-achievement of assigned revenue quota---quarterly and annually
- Past experience working with and leveraging various Channels and Partners – VARs, Distribution and Technology Partnerships
- Excellent communication skills -- -written and verbal
- Foster positive team environment and identity; leads with a “can do” attitude and approach
- High integrity, work ethic, professionalism, trustworthy; assume “positive intent” and do the “right thing” for the organization, colleagues and clients
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.