Imperva is an analyst-recognized market-leading provider of software and services for securing networks, applications, and data. We operate from 50 data centers across 36 countries, and we’re working to grow that footprint to meet our customers’ demands.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced network architect to help us evaluate, plan, and evolve the network designs that back our DDoS protection, CDN, and WAF products.
This position is full-time remote and open to applicants in any location in the United States, or in our office in Plano, Texas.
- With input from our internal development partners and capacity planning team, identify and specify network hardware and technologies suitable for deployment in our data centers to support our current and future products.
- Define strategies and roadmaps for scaling our current and future POP builds.
- Build proof-of-concept and lab implementations of proposed solutions.
- Collaborate with our Network Engineering and Operations team and our Data Center Operations team to integrate feedback, to ensure that designs are reliable and serviceable both logically and physically.
- Coordinate with our Network Development and Automation team to ensure that our designs are properly modeled to support deployments, augments, and customer provisioning systems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and candidate network hardware vendors.
- Continually research technology evolution, vendor roadmaps, and standards development to identify opportunities to improve our reliability and scale.
- Communicate decisions and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences in writing and interactively.
- 8+ years of network architecture and/or engineering experience in a service provider environment, such as a public cloud provider, CDN, ISP/NSP or IXP.
- Expert understanding of BGP in an interconnection-focused environment, including anycast.
- A strong understanding of OSPF or IS-IS.
- Experience with VXLAN EVPN, BGP Flowspec, and GRE are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of router/switch silicon capabilities and roadmaps.
- Experience with Juniper, Cisco, or Arista routing/switching hardware, e.g. PTX, MX, QFX, ASR, etc.
- Knowledge of optical technologies and interface types as they apply to the data center and interconnection environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to generate diagrams and documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.