Director of DevOps
Director DevOps Engineering drives the attainment of customer experience availability goals while optimizing the direct expense related to the delivery of SaaS products. You will work closely with Senior Product Development Staff across Imperva to define and drive an integrated, multi, and cross-product vision and strategy for product delivery company-wide. You will continue to evolve the DevOps Engineering organization and drive innovation, automation, value-creating practices, and the efficient allocation of resources in product delivery, tooling, and infrastructure reliability.
This position is chartered with dramatic innovation and speed in product delivery processes, increasing our competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the delivery of existing and next-generation SaaS products with 99.999% availability.
- Participates with leaders across the design and execution of the business strategy.
- Provides the vision and leadership to continue building a world-class SaaS delivery infrastructure that meets the business needs for availability, scalability, extensibility, and profitability. Identifies and spearheads opportunities to accelerate w business initiatives.
- Proactively reaches across all functional areas of Imperva, collaborating with and influencing partners and stakeholders at all levels to drive cost-effective strategies for process improvements and the highest quality service delivery practices globally.
- Role models and drives partnerships with VP, Directors, and Architects within Product Development to create the organizational synergy required to ensure mutual understanding of both operational and engineering considerations in the design and deployment of SaaS products.
- Works with peers across Imperva to deliver operational excellence in support of broader business goals.
- Supports the advancement in the application of Lean development methodologies and leverages them to deliver SaaS applications to our customers as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible while maintaining quality and stability.
- Works closely with Product Development leadership to identify future technology development needs and ensure appropriate direction and resource allocation.
- Leads the DevOps Engineering management team in identifying and remediating global business, technical and organizational issues, as well as optimizing resources, building organizational scalability, refining processes, and streamlining the delivery of customer-facing products and internal business systems.
- Develops and maintains a culture where employees are highly motivated, energetic, and productive. Ensuring that the management team is aware of and their staff is supervised in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Sets business goals and budget. Drives establishments of staffing plans, workforce plans and schedules to meet business goals. Continually develops the competence (skills, knowledge, and behaviors) and careers of employees through appropriate coaching and development/training activities.
- Communicates business goals to employees and ensures their individual development and performance goals align. Holds team members accountable to high standards and models best practices in communication and conflict resolution within and outside of the team.
- Holds team members accountable to high standards and models best practices in communication and conflict resolution within and outside of the team. Ensures measurement, reward/recognition, and compensation plans are executed in alignment with the Company’s value proposition and within approved budget guidelines
- BS degree (MS preferred) in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field. MBA is desirable.
- Minimum of 15 years of directly related work experience. 10 years of this work experience should be in senior technical and business leadership roles. 5 or more of these years will be at a software as a service (SaaS) company with large, diverse, and distributed development and operational teams. Track record of successfully managing outsourced/offshore development teams.
- Demonstrated success as a senior technology leader required, with a track record of building and leading a large multi-tiered and distributed datacenter infrastructure or large-scale global cloud deployment– ideally for a high profile company in the SaaS space. Must be comfortable with ambiguity and change—can set a clear direction for others and make decisions in ambiguous situations in a matrix organizational structure
- Knowledgeable in Lean software development methodologies, cloud, networking and data communications, Internet technologies, multi-tier application architectures, and database technologies.
- Experience in technical operations management with a thorough knowledge of business systems and data center (Colo, Private, and Public Cloud) functions. DevOps experience, building services, experience with major cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- A track record of success leading technical teams that rapidly prototype solutions, engage customers in those solutions as soon as possible, and then quickly and repeatedly iterate solutions based on customer feedback.
- Demonstrated success in unifying a product development and delivery strategy across a company/organization is needed.
- Must be a clear communicator, with the ability to interact both inside and outside the company at all levels of individuals, including influencing at the Executive level.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.