Cloud Security Engineer - Enterprise Services – Vancouver, Canada - Hybrid
Can you deliver both technical expertise and a positive business relationship with clients? Want to be a trusted consultant for enterprises, small businesses, and even government entities? The Managed Services team monitors, optimizes and matures customer environments touching industries across the globe. If you want to make an impact, protect privacy, and make the world a more secure place, come check out our Managed Services roles!
About the Opportunity
Imperva's Enterprise Services program drives customer success with proactive monitoring and management that maximizes the value customers get from their products and services. Enterprise Services engineers respond to security and system health incidents, provide holistic operational guidance, and troubleshoot and configuration within Imperva's Cloud Application Security platform.
They see a broad range of activities across cloud application and security domains, from integration tasks (such as key management and logging) to security response (advising during triage, analysis, and remediation) to providing analysis and insights through advanced reporting. They also consult with internal functions, both technical (such as support and R&D) and business (such as account executives and renewals).
The position requires working from Imperva's Vancouver office and working on Saturday or Sunday. A typical work schedule could look like Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday. Work Days are flexible as long as they are consistent and cover Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Expertise with Imperva Cloud Application Security platform
- Provide comprehensive service to our customers, including proactive monitoring, configuration, integration assistance, and post-sales assistance
- Work directly with customer security teams to mitigate attacks
- Act as a trusted advisor, providing a high-quality troubleshooting, investigation, and consultation when requested by customers
- Take ownership of problems, work with internal Imperva support, research, development, and product functions to deliver actionable intelligence that will inform future product enhancements and drive them to resolution.
- Stay current on cloud, application, and cybersecurity trends
Required Technical Qualifications
- Minimum of a 4-year bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or Telecommunications or any Technology field.
- Two (2)+ years of experience in application, network security, or IT security, preferably in a customer-facing role like tech support.
- Proficiency with networking protocols and associated technologies. For example, web applications and associated protocols - HTTP/S, SSL, DNS, TCP/IP
- Familiarity and experience with OWASP top 10 risks (SQLi, XSS, etc.).
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset with the drive to research and learn in pursuit of solutions
- Passion for customer success/advocacy, capable of supporting customers, and comfortable with presenting and leading calls
- Experience and skills with python scripting/programming (Bash acceptable) are preferred but not a must.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.