Imperva is a pioneer and leader in business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data. Thousands of the world’s leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to prevent data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage data risk.
As part of Imperva’s expansion plans for Asia-Pacific, we are seeking an experienced Professional Services Consultant to lead the deployment, optimization, and operations of our market-leading security suite in our enterprise customer’s environments.
The successful candidate will become proficient at Imperva’s security suite with a focus on our Data Security technologies. They will be a trusted expert to our key enterprise customers and will support the implementation, optimization, and operations of our technology set. The successful candidate will be organized, self-motivated and able to engage directly with clients to ensure they are receiving proactive value from Imperva products and the Professional Services team.
This role provides a rare opportunity for the candidate to bolster their knowledge and technical skills around our world-leading data security product, while also gaining thought-leadership experience by driving direction for our enterprise customers.
With our customers being at the forefront of delivery experience, you will:
- Build strong, positive relationships with customers and internal teams to establish trusted advisor status.
- Ensures successful outcomes on assigned projects.
- Expert in Imperva’s security suite, with an emphasis on our data security products.
- Kicks off assigned delivery projects in a structured and engaging fashion.
- Understand customer implementation and integration requirements.
- Work to define target architecture and project delivery plans in alignment with customer technical requirements and best practices.
- Execute on the delivery plans and ensure that Imperva products and deployed and operating successfully.
- Perform hands-on implementation of the products to ensure correct setup.
- Perform any necessary troubleshooting for proper implementation using escalation resources where necessary.
- Create and support the creation of project deliverables and updates.
- Provide strategic guidance on security solutions and implementations where necessary.
- Perform technical enablement for the customer and technical mentorship for peers.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the regional security trends and landscape, while also regularly upskilling to maintain technically relevancy on Imperva products, security best practices, and wider cloud and on-premises infrastructure.
- Provide a positive customer experience to drive the value of Imperva amongst our customers.
Key Performance Indicators
KPIs Include (not limited to):
- Delivery of assigned projects in terms of
- project outcomes
- project deliverables
- Customer Experience indicators (e.g., CSAT and NPS)
- Enablement and mentorship of peers and juniors
- Self-development and technical certification
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience working on internet security, networking technologies and relational databases.
- 5+ years of experience directly working with customer stakeholders to achieve technical outcomes.
- 2-3 years’ hands-on experience implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting security infrastructure and databases in a production environment.
- Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls.
- Candidates will have at least two of the following:
- Experience working with security technologies from Imperva, F5, Cisco, Akamai or similar
- Hands-on knowledge of databases such as MS-SQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Big Data or NOSQL platforms
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Google, AWS, Azure and VMware ESX
- (preferred) Project Management experience
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Self-starter and able to lead project delivery independently.
- An aptitude for mastering new software applications.
- Eager attitude with a thirst to constantly technically grow and upskill across multiple technical domains.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, succinctly, and accurately, both in writing and verbally
- Highly motivated, driven, and passionate about technology, training, and customer success
- Able to plan for and deliver a project on a specific deadline
- Analytical mind with a structured troubleshooting approach
- Effective presentation and technical workshop skills with the capacity to build rapport and relationships to achieve project outcomes
- Strong ability to engage and leverage teams across the business to achieve project outcomes.
- Effective with time management and expected deliverables.