Principal Competitive Intelligence ArchitectJob Description:
We are hiring a Principal Competitive Intelligence Architect for a key role in the product management group.
This is a brand-new role, reporting directly to the senior leadership, where you'll be the resident expert on Imperva products and competition to become a trusted advisor for all things related to competitive intelligence.
This is a highly strategic position which will influence the company’s overall strategy, roadmap and go-to-market execution.
You will be responsible for managing and executing all competitive intelligence deliverables, from product and technology comparisons, to competitive GTM analysis, to supporting the company’s overall strategy and roadmap with crystalized insights and actionable outputs.
As a key member of the product management leadership team, you’ll partner with product marketing, sales, and technical teams to develop industry and competitive analysis materials to help our sales and product teams thrive.
You will have a deep technical understanding of our product portfolio and the competitive landscape. Using exceptional communication skills and ability to distill information, you will create compelling messaging on competitive offerings.
You will be a resident expert on Imperva products and competition and will become a trusted advisor for all things related to competitive information.
- Use a ‘labs’ approach to develop technical and functional understanding of the offerings. Perform hands-on product exploration to identify vulnerabilities and product failures.
- Design competitive test suites between Impervas’ products and competitor solutions
- Execute validation and performance tests to validate competitive strategy
- Support creation of compelling content with product marketing including competitive decks, battle-cards, SWOT analysis, competitive positioning/messaging, win/loss analysis.
- Develop strategic insights in order to improve Imperva products
- Partner closely with other team members and multi-functional teams to crowdsource competitive information, trends observed and drive positive business outcomes
- Collaborate on strategic opportunities and deals with Product Management, Product Marketing, Global Architects and Imperva Field.
- Technical speaker in Imperva, customer and industry events, creating awareness around Imperva solutions and technical thought leadership
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep technical skills combined with outstanding interpersonal and strong presentation abilities required - both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about sophisticated and new technology simply
- Ability to craft compelling technical marketing content for sales, partners and customers, such as presentations, demos, videos, solution briefs, technical articles etc., based on solution validations, captured insights and complex technical data
- Excellent analytical skills and business sense
- Experience in working with C- level executives
- Self-starter attitude with excellent project organization skills, ability to drive complex projects with high levels of detail, and hit deadlines required
- Ability to manage ambiguity and navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully.
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening and empathy skills, and ability to get things done in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong understanding of security areas such as Web Application Firewall (WAF), API Security, BOT Management, DDoS Protection etc.
- Experience with SaaS, Kubernetes and public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with SSL/TLS basics, CI/CD pipeline, GitLab and Terraform
- Good functional knowledge of networking products such as routers, switches, firewalls, CDN, DNS, Windows and/or Linux/UNIX server
- Proven understanding of TCP/IP networking and related protocols
- Proven understanding in Network Engineering, Performance Testing and Troubleshooting
- Experience with Scripting (Bash, Python), Ansible playbooks, Cloud, Containers/Kubernetes, Docker and DevOps
- Ability to rapidly understand new technologies
- BA/BS Computer Science Degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of meaningful work experience required in technical sales or consulting engineer for networking and security products.
- Competitive Intelligence experience preferred Competitive Intelligence Certification (i.e. CIP) - an advantage
- Fluent English
- Additional language - an advantage
Why Imperva? Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.