IT Infrastructure Engineer - Job description
Imperva, pioneering the third pillar of enterprise security, fills the gaps in endpoint and network security by directly protecting high-value applications and data assets in physical and virtual data centers. With an integrated security platform built specifically for modern threats, Imperva data center security provides the visibility and control needed to neutralize attack, theft, and fraud from inside and outside; to mitigate risk; and to streamline compliance.
Imperva IT is looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our global team with extensive experience at on-prem and cloud IT Infrastructure systems and who has worked in a large enterprise environment. As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will manage hundreds of servers and assets, build multi-vendor environments across Imperva’s worldwide offices and datacentres while also having the opportunity to grow and learn new technologies.
What would your day look like?
- Support the automation efforts and gain new skill sets for DevOps procedures and CI/CD within IT-Infrastructure.
- Manage Infrastructureon AWS, Azure, GCP according to our policies and InfoSec guidelines.
- Design, configure, and maintain VMWare and K8’s Platforms whiles follows vendors best practices for hardware and software configuration.
- Use Enterprise Tools and Scripts to monitor and maintain all systems and applications.
- Work directly with the Product Development department, Manage requests and
- Provide configuration management and security compliance for on perm and cloud Infrastructure.
- Once a month (Saturday), manage updates, upgrades, and firmware patches for virtual and on-prem You will get the next day as a day off.
- Participate in the on-call support rotation for 24/7 operations.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on issues and root cause analysis to prevent future incidents.
- Assisting with the evaluation of next generation hardware and ensuring direct fit with Infrastructureand business use-cases.
Your Experience and Skills:
Stack: VMWare, K8’s, AWS, Azure, GCP, Linux, Windows, Git, Jenkins, Salt, Terraform.
- A must - Excellent Interpersonal skills and the ability to work and share with colleagues in a team environment
- A must - Proven ability to self learn, Attention to details and accuracy.
- Expertise on Linux and Windows OS
- Expertise on Bash, sh, PowerShell, Python is an advantage
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Jenkins and Git.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with AWS, Azure and GCP cloud platforms.
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting servers and application deployments, on Cloud and On-prem platforms.
- Experience with managing and maintaining storage and backup systems - an advantage.
- Background within InfoSec, with respect to Infrastructuresystems – an advantage.