The Sr. Sales Engineer (SE)
will be supporting the Field Sales organization. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly learn a suite of security products and effectively position these solutions in demos and POC’s. Answering RFP’s, customer questions, preparing environments to demonstrate the product will all be normal responsibilities of this position.
This is the right position for someone that has a background in security technologies and is looking to expand both their professional and technical depth in this field. Responsibilities:
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how Imperva’s solutions can provide value to them.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences, when needed.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post sale installations when necessary.
- Manage the Inside Sales customer base on their technical needs.
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field- highly desired but not essential.
- Knowledge of application security, TCP/IP, Linux, web applications, and databases
- 2+ years of experience in network security, development, engineering, or real world use of web application solutions; preferably with 1 year of this as a sales engineer and experience working in a start-up and vendor environment
- Familiarity in databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, DB2)
- Knowledge in application development (ASP, .NET, PHP, JSP)
- Experience with Linux
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- Compliance standards knowledge (PCI, SOX, HIPAA) – an advantage
- Able to effectively present technical material to small and large groups
- Experience with Network or Application Firewalls and/or IDS/IPS - an advantage
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically (occasionally)