Imperva Inc., the leader in Application, Data and Network Security, is looking for an experienced Senior Sales Engineer to join our Global Sales Engineering team in Canberra, Australia. Imperva is a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data in the data center.
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, small businesses, and service providers.
- We have experienced the following growth and achievements:
- Selling to over 5900 customers worldwide
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- Imperva has been in the Leader’s Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 8 consecutive years in Web Application and API Protection
- Imperva is also a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Mitigation Solutions in 2021 with the highest score in the “current offering” category
- Imperva is named an overall leader in the 2021 KuppingerCole Leadership Compass for Database and Big Data Security
This role will be part of the Australia and New Zealand (A / NZ) Enterprise team. The A / NZ Enterprise team focuses on selling into, broadening and deepening existing partnerships with some of the largest companies in A / NZ. Whilst the SE will primarily work within Canberra, there will be travel opportunities to support sales efforts in both existing and prospective customers around A / NZ.
The role is an integral part of the sales organization and assists the sales team with pre-sales technical knowledge, presentations, and engagements. This entails working closely with sales managers, prospects, and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, effectively position Imperva solutions through the strategic and value-based lens, providing relevant and tailored product demonstrations in person and via Zoom, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to clearly demonstrate how Imperva's solutions can provide value to them
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences when required
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop and grow the business
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post-sale installations when necessary
- Be the primary customer technical liaison to assist customers with optimizing the value of their investments in Imperva solutions and expanding their use cases
- Plan, manage, and execute customer product proof of values.
- 7 or more years of experience in technology, cyber security or pre-sales consulting, complex solution architecture and design, risk & governance, program and project management, or combinations thereof.
- Understanding of the Australian public sector and experience in working with the Federal Government, not-for-profits, and public funded entities and organizations
- A strong interest in expanding your career in Pre-sales consulting with a leading Cyber Security vendor and supporting organizations to protect their applications and data
- Deep appreciation in the role of technology in business, how technology tooling fits into operating models, and can effectively deal with business and IT stakeholders
- Advanced level of written and verbal communication and listening skills, with proven ability to deliver written artifacts, such as proposals and presentations, and appreciate and decipher different ways of thinking and perspectives
- A team first mindset with strong ability to work as a team member within a collaborative team environment. Specifically, to support other team members and contribute specialist knowledge on specific opportunities or accounts, work with sellers to identify, advance, and close opportunities
- Ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems and circumstances
- A growth mindset, creativity, an inquisitive mind, resilience, and a people centric personality
- Exposure in IAM, DevSecOps, CI/CD pipeline and practices, cloud security, cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, and GCP), risks and controls frameworks and design, government and industry regulations (APP, GDPR, CPS, PCI, SOX, HIPAA), network security, database administration & engineering, application development, or combinations thereof will be advantageous
- Knowledge in the following areas is desirable: Web Application & API Protection, Advanced Bot Protection, Client-Side Protection, DNS, RASP, Network and Application DDoS protection, Data Activity Monitoring, Database Firewalls, Data Privacy, scripting/automation languages.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.