Sr. Automation Engineer (Java)
Location: Bengaluru, India
We’re looking for a senior Test Automation Engineer with leadership experience to help take our automated testing capabilities to the next level.
At Imperva, Test Engineers are Quality Ambassadors and not Gatekeepers. Our Test Engineers engage in every phase of the software development life cycle, advocate for the customer and have the skills to implement effective test strategies and E2E automation Solutions.
Our Saas platform is moving fast and releasing to production every week. How? No Manual testing!! 100% automation testing!!
The ideal candidate must be familiar with test automation processes, methodologies and tools, and must have a track record of very high technical competence and individual accomplishments that include strong coding skills.
What you will be doing:
● Plan, design, develop and execute Java-based automation tests for functional, acceptance, system, performance and penetration testing of our real-time security product
● Collaborate with R&D, PM ,Security and analytics teams improve testing approach and execution for the cross-functional Scrum team
● Design and implement agile testing processes for efficient SDLC:
○ Adapt existing Continuous Integration infrastructure to a team’s practice
○ Write, maintain, and improve automation tests for frontend, backend, and API’s
○ Collaborate with team members to enable continuous testing and delivery
● Mentor junior test engineers in effective testing tools and strategies through informal training
● B.E. in Computer Science or relevant field
● 5-8 years experience as a Test Automation engineer in a SaaS, Security, or Enterprise product space
● 5+ years of experience in Java, TestNG, Selenium
● Experience working with container platforms (Docker, Kubernetes)
● In-depth knowledge of Web Applications, Network Protocols, HTTP, DNS, TLS, etc.. and SaaS Environment
● Experience with deployment cycle and tools like Jenkins, Gitlab,etc.
● Experience with Linux scripting and fundamentals
● Attention to details, Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems under tight deadlines.
● Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
● Experience executing security testing
● Experience executing load and performance testing (JMeter, Avalanche)
● Experience with Penetration Test suites & Tools
Education & Experience:
Bachelors in Computer Science or relevant field with 5-8 years of IT experience.