Imperva helps protect customers from cyber-attacks through all stages of their digital transformation. We offer various products to help protect our customer’s Web Applications, Database, APIs and network against bad vectors. Our WAF automatically protects applications and API anywhere against multitude of attack vectors and our Data Security Products offers protection, audit, and visibility into your environment and for meeting compliance requirements. Our customers include Digicert, AARP, eToro and Shutterfly.Managed Services Engineer, Web & Database Security
Our partners and customers are interested in optimizing their incident response, security analysis and improved user experience with Imperva platform and product suites. You will be on the front lines for providing world class support as a Managed Services Engineer. You will help organizations understand Imperva’s various product platform such as Application Security, Data Security etc. help them in improving their security postures and migrate existing pipelines and workload to Imperva. You will be a problem solver, identifying challenges and advocating solutions on behalf of the customer. Location: Hybrid in office in Plano, TX, 2 days a week.What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Maintain the Imperva stack of products on behalf of customer from creating rules to analyzing events.
- Tune security and audit rules on Imperva products on behalf of customer.
- Perform periodic systems health checks and service reviews.
- Become an expert in troubleshooting Imperva products.
- Help with configuration, installation, and setup of Imperva products.
- Advocate for customers security by providing security/audit analysis, best practices on Application and Data Security.
- Perform Incident Response and Root Cause Analysis.
- Become a champion by accelerating case closures or increasing visibility on pain points with their deployments. Work with customers, partners, customer account teams and other internal Imperva teams to reach timely resolutions.
- Assessing the customer’s technical environment and requirements while managing expectations and following through on solutions or consulting on deployments.
- Support our existing customers and new customers with their deployed Imperva products.
- Develop technical relationships with customer to assist them with their infrastructure, planning and problems they are facing with existing or new deployments.
- Participate in a global team to protect Imperva customers from bad actors.
Additional preferred experience:
- 2+ years of technical support of similar experience.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP/S, TCP, DNS. SSL, TLS, reverse proxy, SQL, Firewalls etc.
- Knowledge of common of OWASP Top Ten Web Application and API vulnerabilities, and the ability to explain them to non-technical or non-security-oriented team members.
- Hands on experience with Linux based OS and basic troubleshooting tools that come with it.
- Experience with understanding complex architecture and deployment on bare-metal or cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to present complex technical concepts to various stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and feedback (writing and verbal), critical thinking & analytical skills.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule.
- Cloud experience is a plus (AWS preferred, Azure, GCP)
- Database admin experience in SQL, MSSQL, DB2, RDS, Redshift, Aurora etc.
- Server admin experience in cloud and bare-metal.
- Experience in writing MongoDB queries is a plus.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand and write regex expressions
- Experience in common scripting language (bash, shell, python preferred)
- Experience in any SIEM, Salesforce is a plus
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.