Senior Software Engineer, QA/Test Automation
We’re looking for a senior QA/Test Automation Engineer with leadership experience to help take our automated testing capabilities to the next level. You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment. You naturally take initiative, can dive deep when needed to understand and construct meaningful test scenarios for nuanced, complex products, and love working side by side with developers and product owners to ship high quality software.
- Create and champion testing strategies for functional, acceptance, system, performance and penetration testing of our runtime security products
- Guide team members in testing best practices
- Participate in the creation of test plans and automated tests
- Drive the creation and extension of test applications to implement complex testing scenarios
- Work closely with Technical Support personnel to analyze, isolate and locally recreate issues found in the field across multiple platforms and OS’s
- Work closely with Product Managers to create test plans for new features based on user stories and PRDs
- Work with the engineering team to create test plans for fixes to issues found in the field
- 5+ years of experience as a QA/Test Automation engineer in a SaaS, Security, or Enterprise product space
- Experience creating tests in common test frameworks (pytest, jmeter, selenium)
- Proficiency in Python and pytest
- Hands-on experience with git, understanding of git best practices
- A love of automated testing, CI/CD best practices, and techniques used to optimize test coverage without sacrificing team velocity and productivity
- A passion for getting to the bottom of issues and eliminating unknowns
- Soft-skills including communication, teamwork, flexibility and self-motivation
- A genuine desire to work collaboratively with teammates and stakeholders
- BS/MS/PhD Computer Science or related degree
- Knowledge of how common software security vulnerabilities work and experience building software that avoids them
- Experience with AWS and containerized environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience running applications and automated tests in containerized environments (Docker, etc.)
- Experience with Penetration Test suites, Static Analysis tools a plus
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.