Sr. Automation Engineer (Java)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Imperva is looking for a stellar Automation Engineer to join our network security team in Bangalore office. The network security team is responsible for the E2E development of Imperva's network-layer DDoS protection service.
At Imperva, Test Engineers are Quality Ambassadors and not Gatekeepers. Out Test Engineering goes beyond testing. The teams engage in every phase of the software development life cycle, advocate for the customer and have the skills to implement effective test strategies and E2E automation solutions. Test Engineers collaborate with Dev, PM and cross functional teams.
Our SaaS platform is moving fast and releasing to production every week. Want to know our secret? 100% automation coverage!
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for all testing aspects of the products (Cloud and SaaS), including participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle and performing hands-on activities.
The ideal candidate must be familiar with test automation processes, methodologies and tools, and must have a track record of very high technical competence and individual accomplishments that include strong coding skills.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, design, develop and execute Java-based automation tests for functional, acceptance, system, performance and penetration testing of our real-time security product
- Collaborate with R&D, PM ,Security and analytics teams, improve testing approach and execution for the cross-functional Scrum team
- Design and implement agile testing processes for efficient SDLC:
- Adapt existing Continuous Integration infrastructure to a team’s practice
- Write, maintain, and improve automation tests for frontend(Full Stack) and backend (Real Time)
- Collaborate with team members to enable continuous testing and delivery
- 4-8 years experience as a Test Automation engineer in Security or Enterprise product space
- Experience programming in Java (with IntelliJ or eclipse IDE)
- Experience developing automation for a SaaS product
- Knowledge of TestNG framework , Selenium Web Driver, REST APIs testing
- Experience with Linux scripting and remote execution
- Attention to details, Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently
- Experience in networking (TCP/IP), DNS, etc.,
- Familiarity with network traffic generators/testing tools such as TRex, Avalanche
- knowledge of Network Protocols, testing DDOS L3/L4 attacks .
- Experience programming in JS
- Experience in developing test plans and test matrixes
- Security domain experience
- Experience with Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.,
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or relevant field with 4-8 years of Automation experience.