Reporting to the RVP, APJ and working closely with the RVP’s and AVP’s of sales in APJ. The AVP, APJ Channel Sales will be working very closely with a team of Channel Account Managers (CAM’s) and Alliances managers, assisting them in the recruitment, development, and management of the business relationships with Reseller and Distributor partners as well as public cloud providers and MSSP.
The successful candidate will work in tandem with Sales, Pre-Sales leaders, marketing, customer success, and Sales Operations, (among other functions), to successfully develop and service all partners and prospects within their respective geography/territory. They will also collaborate with the Channel and Field Marketing team on programs and events designed to promote Imperva’s products and service offerings and drive revenue to Imperva through partners.
- Lead the APJ Channel’s team to drive New Business and New Logos where the majority of the business is sourced by the Partner
- Ensuring strategic partners have business plans and conducting QBRs to achieve company growth targets
- Building out an effective and productive Partner Ecosystem of Direct Resellers, Distributors and Sub-Resellers
- Keeps informed on new products, services, and other general information of interest to partners & Distributors
- Maintain Executive Relationships Internal with Key Sales Stakeholders and externally with Strategic Partners
- Finalize and implement our Channel Distribution strategy in APJ
- Remains current on customer business opportunities, existing business conditions, future prospects, active measurements, and competitive issues; regularly briefs Imperva management on status, prospects, and current needs of top partners & distributors
- Leveraging SFA tools such as Salesforce.com keeps records and generates reports on all phases of activities, including but not limited to Quota Performance, Channel Forecasts and Pipeline Reports
- Participates in varied sales activities requiring perseverance, preparation, ingenuity, and responsibility.
- Drive Channel sourced opportunities at the strategic and tactical level, using MEDDPICC as a sales qualification methodology.
- Understand and manage all phases of the sales cycle, using Imperva’s “Command of the message” sales approach
- With APJ responsibilities, this role will carry significant travel.
- Is a regular contributor to Imperva’s WW Channel program and strategy, which will include gathering and providing input into the broader WW approach.
- Develop Marketing Strategy with APJ Channels Marketing leader to drive Demand Generations
- Working with our Global Enablement Leader to execute our plan to create demand, drive sales and deliver services and support.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Dynamic, high energy sales professional with 15-20 years successful experience in direct & channel sales & channel sales management, high-level, executive selling of long-cycle products — ideally within Security Technology–Web Application, Database Security
- Experience in building a high growth channel business with a security vendor or equivalent technology
- Experience selling enterprise-level solutions in the security and compliance markets.
- Demonstrated success in achievement or over-achievement of assigned revenue quota---quarterly and annually.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with working with Distributors and resellers
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- MBA would be a plus