Imperva is a multi-billion dollar cybersecurity company, protecting the world’s largest organizations from cyber-attacks. We work in a Hybrid Model from home and from the office (Tel Aviv) and We have been recognized as one of the Best 50 high-tech companies to work for in Israel 2022 by Dun & Bradstreet!
We're looking for Datacenter Operations and Provisioning Engineer to join our team.
Imperva’s mission is to protect data and all paths to it, by securing all layers from the network edge through to the cloud or data center. From our infrastructure we provide Web Application Firewall and DDoS protection services, amongst others, which require a globally distributed, highly available network.
We have POPs located across the globe with plans to add even more. Each Imperva POP requires many connections to peers, IXPs, transit providers, and customers. In addition, each POP houses our state of the art systems that comprise our infrastructure platform. Our follow the sun Data Center Operations and Provisioning Team owns the building and operating of this global Infrastructure facilities footprint. To help us build, scale & maintain our platform and an ever-growing global POP footprint, we are seeking an additional Datacenter Operations and Provisioning Engineer to join our global team.
Your responsibilities will include
- Managing the installation of connectivity within our POP facilities, including vendor adherence to timelines and technical requirements
- Responsibility for ensuring high quality service delivery and implementation of new infrastructure elements. As well as equal high quality maintenance of the platform’s network and compute infrastructure.
- Ensure infrastructure and circuits are designed and delivered per plan
- Working with various data centers, vendors, internal teams, and partners to troubleshoot connectivity and provide clean handoff for activation
- Testing, troubleshooting, and acceptance of all cross connects and circuits with telecommunication providers from LOA acceptance to Layer 1-3 turnup
- Providing support for new site builds, moves, and expansions; plan large scale circuit migrations with data center providers, vendors and partners
- Reducing potential risks to project timelines by identifying issues and providing proactive solutions
- Conducting regular audits of all connectivity, patch panels, and related infrastructure to ensure accurate inventory and invoicing
- Install and troubleshoot compute hosts operating Linux, containers, and kubernetes
- Work with Imperva internal stakeholders to achieve customer objectives
- Be confident enough to make decisions in due course of a project, either to improve the deliverables or to avoid any delays or issues
- Be an escalation point and subject matter expert for our deployed PoP infrastructure
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis
- HLD/LLD Documentation for new and existing services, processes, and systems
- Occasional on site Data Center Deployments
- 2+ years of prior experience in telecommunications circuit provisioning and installation
- Prefer an advanced networking certifications CCNA/JNCIA
- 2+ years Experience with basic sysadmin of Linux hosts required
- Experience with Juniper network gear, containerized deployments, and Kubernetes is preferred
- Ability to collaborate with teams and vendors across the globe
- In-depth understanding of transit and peering circuit design
- Understand the usage of patch panels, fiber optic connectors, optic types and form factors
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to provide detailed instructions
- Extensive knowledge of the telecommunications carrier and data center industry
- Ability to travel when required (occasionally, up to 15%.)
- Ability to manage high volume of orders
- Are comfortable with not being onsite doing the actual work, but instead, planning and documenting the work to be executed by remote-hand partners
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot issues remotely - coordinating and communicating with remote hands, vendors, and other teams to quickly isolate and remediate installation issues
- Basic knowledge scripting languages (Python\Bash) a plus
- Associate level understanding of Internetworking (BGP)
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, HTTP/S and DNS
- Experience with network monitoring systems to include configuration and maintenance
- Proven experience with various monitoring tools/systems (Zabbix, Grafana, ELK, Pingdom etc…) as user and as maintainer a plus
- A strong team player who is accountable towards business urgency
- Occasional work during off-business hours and partake in on-call duties
- (Excellent English Skills for international listings)
- Experience using Jira Atlassian and ServiceNow a plus
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.