Do you like helping customers solve problems with implementing or supporting existing security product solutions? Does digging through the recesses of activity and error logs in order to piece together “just what went wrong” seem more like a puzzle than a headache to you? Do you enjoy mentoring and coaching people to become more proficient in managing security systems and tools? Is your technical background varied with exposure to Systems, Networking, Security, and some degree of Project Management? If your answers are mostly “yes” to the preceding questions, then you should check out what our Security Services Engineers are doing here at Imperva.
As a Security Services Engineer, you will create and maintain long-term relationships with Imperva strategic customers, manage and monitor complex implementation in terms of Security, Health and Performance. Manage consulting assignments and technical escalations, as well work closely with HQ teams for our application security and data security products (Dev, Support, Security, Sr. Management) in order to get issues resolved. You will become a technical authority of Imperva’s WAF and DAM technologies, while constantly improving best practices for solutions and services.
- Support the Imperva WAF and DAM security product deployments for assigned accounts.
- Act as a primary contact for assigned accounts.
- Keep customer teams up to date via ongoing status about onboarding, configuration and tuning efforts, cases, feature requests (RFEs) and current news from the field on the latest security trends and developments as well as product release notes.
- Perform periodic systems health checks and service reviews.
- Provide comprehensive services for our customers, including proactive monitoring, attack response, system configuration and integration of Imperva WAF GW and Database Security.
- Oversee ongoing product maintenance over Linux-based appliance.
- Become a champion by accelerating case closures or increasing visibility on pain points with their deployments. Work with customers, partners, customer account teams and other internal Imperva teams to reach timely resolutions.
- Create and deepen customer relationships by performing on-site customer.
- Analyze customer data such as case trends, traffic, alert and attack information to make solid recommendations for improving systems health and overall security posture.
- Assessing the customer’s technical environment and requirements while managing expectations and following through on solutions or consulting on deployments.
Required Technical Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Technical Support (Tier 2-3) role.
- Solid knowledge and proven experience working with Linux and/or other Unix-like variants.
- Proven ability to manage complex implementation and onboarding projects, consulting assignments, and technical escalations related to Attack Prevention for application services, Website security, Database Security, Proxies and Load Balancing.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Internet Security and Networking Technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, Proxies and Firewalls as well as experience with Relational Databases (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL or DB2).
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate business needs, network infrastructure, web application architecture, security requirements, and DNS configurations of clients to deliver appropriate integration solutions.
Preferred General Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as part of a larger team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Development, Quality Assurance, Security, and Sr. Management teams to resolve technical issues.
- Create and maintain long-term relationships with strategic customers.
- Knowledge of enterprise applications and Web Application Security (OWASP top 10) understanding.
- Excellent Customer Support skills coupled with a BS Degree or equivalent experience.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, succinctly, and accurately.
- Experience as Technical Account Manager, or Pre/Post Sales background within the web/network/information security industries.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new software applications.
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, Shell.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.