Director, Product Management - Application Security
Imperva Inc., the global leader in Application and Data Security, is looking for a stellar Director, Product Management to join our team in North America. Imperva is a game changer and not a “differentiator” in today’s Cyber Security world, blazing new trails all the time and experiencing hyper-growth. Now is the time to be part of an organization that is changing the game.
Imperva is a pioneer and a global leader with thousands of the world’s leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to protect against Cyber attacks of all kinds inc. DDoS, Advance Persistence Bot, API exploitation and many more. In this highly visible and senior position, you will be reporting to the VP of Application Security Products, responsible for evolving and executing the product roadmap, strategy and positioning for the Application Security SaaS product line of Imperva. This role requires a strong player-coach in a highly strategic role with direct visibility to the CEO and executive team.
As a leader in the product organization, you will manage a team of product managers covering a wide range of domain expertise and play a critical role in defining product pricing, product line extensions, premium service levels, professional service packages, specialized industry vertical offerings, roadmap, EOS/EOL, and enterprise licensing. Given the broad nature of Imperva’s market-leading application security portfolio, your success will be highly dependent on how well you can interact with and guide cross-functional organizations within Imperva including Marketing, Sales, Support, Professional Services, IT, Finance, Legal, and Operations.
**Travel is required 2-3 times a year overseas and 1-2 a quarter domestically.
- Own product definition from vision and roadmap to detailed product requirements and customer use cases
- Staff and lead a worldwide distributed team of world-class product managers in the US, Israel, and other potential global locations providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision
- Create the strategy for products and own the strategy throughout execution phases
- Orchestrate on the product business success by monitoring all KPIs and understanding the root cause as well as driving initiatives with cross-functional team to help hit and exceed the product revenue and profitability goals
- Understand market trends and the competitive landscape
- Identify obstacles that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Engage with key decision makers within existing and future customer accounts to understand their needs and market timing. Build relationships in the market and with customers
- Be (or rapidly become) a company expert in Application security and cyber solutions for large enterprises. Serve as an external spokesperson for Imperva’s products and solutions.
- Collaborate with product marketing on release, market positioning and GTM training, as well as to drive product adoption post-launch; Partner with sales and marketing to deliver compelling product marketing content via webinars, print, video, and demo-ware, as well as driving decision in pricing, packaging and positioning
- Establish metrics to measure the success of your team and each product offering and release
- Forward thinking; ability to proactively set policy to shape future outcomes
Strong customer orientation with the ability to listen, organize and champion key initiatives and projects
- Have experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast
- Strong leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- 10+ years of Product Management experience in Enterprise Security or related solutions
- 3+ years in management positions with direct reports. Demonstrable leadership skills and a proven ability to develop, cultivate and mentor a high performing team
- Demonstrated success in defining customer pain points, market opportunities, and bringing products to market
- Experience in executing successfully against all product life cycles: new market entry; mid-maturity; and large, mature products with long-tail challenges in broad, diverse markets.
- Create and harness best practices for operational efficiency, product quality, user-happiness/protection goals in cross-functional settings at scale
- A leader that brings both strategic and tactical capabilities. Able to gain the respect of the team on the basis of execution, knowledge, hands-on style, and decision making ability
- Excellent communicator; articulate and to the point; able to present self and technology well internally, and at the C-level of Tier-1 customers and partners.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills for both technical and non-technical audiences. Excellent written communication skills are required
- Has vision, serving as a driver to enable a team.
- Relationship acumen: ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and active mentor with a track record of hiring and inspiring A+ players.
- Upholds the corporate culture while building and scaling a world-class company
- Excellent at anticipating challenges and obstacles to achieving goals, analyzing potential risks and developing insights into situations, applying innovative solutions to address root causes
- Fosters an open work environment and generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.