Imperva is a pioneer and leader in business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data. Thousands of the world’s leading businesses, government organizations, and service providers rely on Imperva solutions to prevent data breaches, meet compliance mandates, and manage data risk.
As part of Imperva’s expansion plans into India, we are seeking an experienced Senior Professional Services Consultant to lead the deployment of our market-leading security suite in our customer’s environments.
The Senior Professional Services Consultant is proficient at security architecture using Imperva products and the deployment of these capabilities in project-based implementations. The Senior PS Consultant is, above all else a trusted advisor to our clients. They are organized, self-motivated and able to engage directly with clients to understand technical requirements. Using requirements, they are empowered to define the necessary target architectures and delivery plans, and will subsequently use their strong technical and security expertise to execute on the plan.
This role provides a rare opportunity for the candidate to bolster their strong technical and architectural skills on market-leading security products, while also gaining project leadership experience working with clients ranging from large MNC’s to cutting-edge start-ups. Imperva Professional Services leadership will work closely with the candidate to properly support, upskill and enable the candidate to become proficient in all aspects of the role.
With our customers being at the forefront of delivery experience, you will:
- Build strong, positive relationships with customers and internal teams to establish trusted advisor status.
- Ensures successful outcomes on assigned projects.
- Kicks off assigned delivery projects in a structured and engaging fashion.
- Understand customer implementation and integration requirements and;
- Work to define target architecture and project delivery plans in alignment with customer technical requirements and best practices.
- Execute on the delivery plans and ensure that Imperva products and deployed and operating successfully.
- Perform hands-on configuration of the products to ensure correct setup.
- Perform any necessary troubleshooting for proper implementation using escalation resources where necessary.
- Create and support the creation of project deliverables and updates.
- Perform technical enablement for the customer and technical mentorship for peers.
- Provide strategic guidance on security solutions and implementations where necessary.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the regional security trends and landscape, while also regularly upskilling to maintain technically relevancy on Imperva products, security best practices, and wider cloud and on-premises infrastructure.
- Provide a positive customer experience to drive the value of Imperva amongst our customers.
Key Performance Indicators
KPIs Include (not limited to):
- Delivery of assigned projects in terms of
- project outcomes
- project deliverables
- Customer Experience indicators (e.g., CSAT and NPS)
- Enablement and mentorship of peers and juniors
- Self-development and technical certification
- 3-5 years’ hands-on experience working on Cloud, DevOps or DevSecOps technologies in a security context.
- 2-3 year’s hands-on experience implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting application infrastructure and databases in a production environment.
- 2+ years of experience working in a services-oriented, project environment with direct engagement with customers
- Candidates will have at least three of the following:
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Google, AWS, Azure and VMware ESX
- Experience with Automation, DevOps and DevSecOps tools such as Terraform, Ansible or Jenkins, including the necessary script creation experience
- Experience working with security technologies from Imperva, F5, Cisco, Akamai or similar
- Hands-on knowledge of databases such as MS-SQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Big Data or NOSQL platforms
- (preferred) Cloud certification (Google, AWS, Azure).
- (preferred) Project Management experience
- (preferred) Knowledge of networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies, and firewalls.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Self-starter and able to lead project delivery independently.
- An aptitude for mastering new software applications.
- Eager attitude with a thirst to constantly technically grow and upskill across multiple technical domains.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, succinctly, and accurately, both in writing and verbally
- Highly motivated, driven, and passionate about technology, training, and customer success
- Able to plan for and deliver a project on a specific deadline
- Analytical mind with a structured troubleshooting approach
- Effective presentation and technical workshop skills with the capacity to build rapport and relationships to achieve project outcomes
- Strong ability to engage and leverage teams across the business to achieve project outcomes.
- Effective with time management and expected deliverables.
- 50% travel across mainland India, and internationally where necessary.