IT Operations Manager
We are seeking an IT Operations Manager with experience in managing systems and running projects in a complex computing environment as well as skills supervising a team of 3-4 employees. This role reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure. Applicants will be able to provide reliable and complex solutions, upgrade existing systems, and work on projects to assist with Imperva systems operations. Responsibilities include deploying and troubleshooting systems running on disparate platforms (e.g., Windows, Linux, Mac, AWS, GCP, Azure), as well as responding promptly and efficiently to internal users and either directly resolving issues or escalating to the appropriate resource while monitoring its effective resolution. To be successful, the candidate will need a strong technical background, be a creative problem solver, be an effective project manager, be motivated to advance in the field, and to work well in a team-oriented environment, you will also need to be a great people leader.
- Managing 3-4 employees
- Provide support, maintenance, and configuration for both internal and external customer-facing production systems, such as web and software servers
- Coordinate change management processes between IT teams
- Manage monitoring for critical and customer-facing systems
- Promptly respond to critical alerts and collaborate with the relevant teams to resolve, investigate, and document solutions
- You will build tools from the ground up to automate complex IT processes.
- Plan, lead and participate in IT-wide projects
- Install, update, maintain and configure applications and systems to support Imperva’s IT Employee Technology team
- Review and resolve incident and problem tickets
- Lead postmortem and root cause analysis processes for outages
- Assist with escalations from the different IT teams and end-users
- Evaluate products, perform vendor analysis, and provide recommendations on new technology
- Collaborate within IT to create and update policies and procedures
- Participate in a rotational 24x7 on-call coverage to handle and resolve urgent issues
- Collaborate with the Information Security, Networking, and Infrastructure teams to design and maintain secured environments at all times
- Train and mentor other IT team members
- Stay abreast of new technologies
- Required: Minimum 8 years system administration experience supporting complex IT environments
- Required: Minimum 3 years experience in managing employees
- Critical thinking in complex environments with exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Windows Server, Windows 10 OS, MacOS, and Linux, including designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining such systems
- Proven knowledge in SCCM, creating packages, testing, deploying and running windows update cycles.
- Experience in preparing new MacOS releases for production enterprise environments.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies such as VMware and Cloud Services including AWS Workspaces.
- Demonstrated ability to create clear and concise technical documentation.
- Knowledge and experience with technologies and tools including but not limited to Active Directory, Azure AD, Microsoft 365, G-Suite, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, ADFS, DFSR, SCCM, MS Intune,Event Viewer, TCP/IP, SMTP, and SSL
- Demonstrated ability to interact with end users to evaluate and solve problems.
- Experience configuration and maintaining of monitoring tools such as Nagios, Site24x7, and PagerDuty.
- Quickly learn and comprehend new technical information
- Motivated self-starter with a Can-Do attitude
- Experienced in scripting for Windows and Mac; PowerShell, Python
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High organization skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives at a time
- Working in a global environment
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge in Ivani, Salt, JAMF, SCCM.
- Working experience in an ITIL environment.
- Multi-Cloud experience; AWS, Azure, Google
- Knowledge of traffic monitoring, IP traffic flow, sniffing/capturing and monitoring of live traffic streams.
- Resourceful, creative, innovative, adaptable, and results driven
- Agile/Scrum work experience
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.