Cloud Escalation Engineer - Plano, TX
Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty.
Imperva is a leading provider of data and application security solutions that protect business-critical information in the cloud and on-premise. Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs and service providers who rely on Imperva Incapsula to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
As an Escalation Engineer, you will act as the top layer of the support organization worldwide. You will be responsible for analyzing and resolving complex and challenging issues and driving the quality of Imperva products forward, either by yourself or by collaborating with different departments in the company.
- Lead to a resolution, problems that often requires extensive analysis, troubleshooting and escalation to product development
- Work with Imperva’s developers on solutions to problems escalated from the Imperva support teams globally, and supply solutions and assistance to different teams including support, sales and other teams in the field
- Prioritize issues handling and bug fixes
- Take part in shaping new features and products and represent the voice of the customer
- Proactive prevention of support issues by analyzing problem trends and making recommendations to improve the product quality, processes and knowledge
- Knowledge transfer to support teams
- Identify support tools gaps, required enhancements and needs and propose solutions accordingly
- Identify, propose and enforce escalation process improvements
- Be one of the first to learn, guide and analyze new features and industry standards
- At least 2 years’ experience and relevant background in supporting Cloud/SaaS based solutions and 2 or more years: preparing escalations for R&D review / working with R&D to resolve issues / preparing and presenting RCA to customers / reproducing customer issues / applying and testing hotfixes / using debug commands and tools to isolate issues.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with Excellent customer facing skills
- Ability to write technical guides and to explain technical concept to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work with several interfaces in parallel and matrix management skills
- High level of interpersonal skills and team player
- Proven ability to influence without authority and drive results
- Advanced Networking knowledge in Internet environment (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, HTTPS/SSL/TLS, Layer2 thru Layer7, load balancing, proxies Heavy Experience with analyzing Wireshark/TCP-dumps.
- Must be security oriented with solid Security Knowledge including firewalls, CVEs, well known attacks, and best practices including OWASP top 10.
- Solid understanding of RFC and standards and interoperability with Imperva products.
- Solid knowledge of public cloud deployments
- Analyzing data using tools like Grafana, Kibana, Splunk
- Deep understanding of Developer Tools/HAR file analyzer to investigate issues.
- Command line tools (curl, dig, openssl, traceroute, mtr)
- Sc. degree in CS or EE
- Use SQL or scripting methods to aggregate specific log columns to analyze traffic patterns.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.