Every hour of every day, cyber criminals silently bypass traditional perimeter controls. They use millions of stolen user credentials to takeover Web application accounts, access sensitive applications, steal confidential data, and conduct fraudulent transactions. According to the 2015 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report, over 50% of Web application attacks launched by organized crime in 2014 involved stolen credentials.
Last week we announced our new subscription service, Imperva ThreatRadar Account Takeover Protection. This new service enables Imperva SecureSphere Web Application Firewall to protect web application accounts from being compromised by combining real-time:
- Awareness of credentials known to be compromised from past breaches;
- Knowledge of login device reputation and risk, for example, understanding that the device is jailbroken or associated with past fraud activities;
- Detection of credential stuffing and dictionary attacks against passwords; and
- Analysis of behavior across multiple devices and accounts.
On September 22, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. PT, Narayan Makaram, Imperva Director of Web Application Security, will lead a discussion on why real-time threat intelligence is the key to preventing Web account takeover attacks. Please join us to learn more about:
- The anatomy of an account takeover attack
- Best practices to protect Web applications
- The need for real-time threat intelligence
Register now to be a part of this important conversation. Learn more about real-time threat intelligence for account takeover protection.