Namaste! We are excited to announce two new additions to our global network in India with the operational launch of our data centers in Mumbai and New Delhi. With the launch of these data centers, customers will experience improved website performance and security to the Indian market and other countries in the subcontinent.
We believe this market will grow and are actively building the foundation needed to help fight cybercrime and give our customers the highest possible level of service. The presence of the data centers will also help our global customers reach this important market and grow their business.
Fast Facts About India
India has the second highest internet usage in the world with more than 462 million internet users.
1.053 billion telephone users were listed as on 31 August 2016. India has one of the lowest call tariffs in the world made possible by large telecom operators and intense competition among them.
India produces the largest number of films in the world in more than 20 languages.
Location, Location, Location
Until now Incapsula was deployed to our customers in the Indian subcontinent from remote data centers in locations such as Singapore and Hong Kong. With customers extremely sensitive to network latency, they will leave and not return if a site is not highly responsive. A local data center solves latency issues by bringing website content closer to visitors and ensuring the best possible user experience.
A local data center also facilitates compliance with laws and regulations that stipulate that certain types of data, such as data in government sites, must be stored and served only from local servers.
We’ve already seen performance improvement with the launch of the data centers.
The new data centers, together with the rest of our global network, positions us to mitigate even the largest attacks with zero disruption to ongoing website and network operations.
To meet the needs of customers, the data centers comprise our full suite of award-winning DDoS protection services from Incapsula, including:
- Network layer DDoS scrubbing with 24×7 monitoring and mitigation, which typically is activated in <1 second.
- Always-on application layer protection, including the OWASP top 10, with PCI and SOC certification, based on proprietary algorithms
- Infrastructure protection for subnets and individual IP addresses that add new layers of protection over the clean pipes services of ISPs
- Name server protection for DNS-targeted attacks
- Global CDN for intelligent caching and content optimization
- Web application firewall (WAF) to protect against data breaches
- Load balancer for maximum application availability and performance
- IP security to ensure private and secure communications
The market in India is poised to grow due to the following factors.
- Economy – India has one of the largest and fastest growing economies, with a population of over a billion, GDP ranked 12th in the world, and a GDP growth rate of about 8 percent.
- Internet usage – With some 462 million internet users, India has the second highest usage in the world. Since only a third of the population is currently connected it foreshadows a high growth rate, that number will expand significantly in the coming years.
- Attack prevention – India is among the top 10 countries that conducts DDoS attacks, as reported in our DDoS Threat Landscape Report. So even if your site is exclusively local, firewalled from the outside word, the site is vulnerable to attacks originating locally.
Deploying Incapsula Through Partnerships
Incapsula selects its infrastructure providers to provide quality services and high availability. A main criteria we look for is a provider’s strong presence in the market. Among the providers in India, Airtel is the main carrier in a market where 75 percent of broadband is mobile. Since Airtel also hosts a data center, it was a logical choice for Incapsula to host its Mumbai and New Delhi data centers with Airtel.
Our high capacity Behemoth 2 platforms provide capacity for the anticipated usage, and are built to scale for more capacity when the usage grows. Following our data center architecture, all components are redundant to ensure uninterrupted service from the data center.
With the addition of the new data centers, Incapsula now has 38 data centers around the world with over 3 Tbps total capacity.
To support our expanding business in strategic areas around the globe, additional PoPs are under construction and are scheduled to come online in 2017. The PoPs in New Delhi and Mumbai will connect the Incapsula network to the Indian subcontinent with minimal latency.