Risk assessment is a critical part of any security strategy. Only by understanding the real risks associated with a given threat can you determine the most appropriate way to address them, as well as the right level of investment.
Incapsula’s new DDoS Downtime Calculator is designed to help you assess the risks associated with an attack, offering case-specific information adjusted to the realities of your organization.
Based on Real-World Information
The algorithm inside our DDoS Downtime Calculator is based on real-world information from a DDoS Impact Survey we conducted among 270 organizations representing various sizes and industries. Participants provided detailed information about the actual impact of DDoS attacks (e.g., frequency and length, overall costs, affected business unit).
Our subsequent data analysis uncovered factors that cause impact cost variances. These insights helped us estimate the probability that your organization will incur a DDoS assault.
Further, the results enabled us to design our DDoS Downtime Calculator to provide personalized risk assessments based on:
- Company size
- Type of hosting environment (e.g., cloud, VPS, own data center)
- Most vulnerable operational area
- Security measures in place
- Current level of confidence in DDoS prevention capabilities
How It Works
To use Incapsula’s DDoS Download Calculator, simply visit the calculator page and answer six short questions about your organization and its existing security measures. (No registration is needed.)
Based on your input, using a series of linear regression models, the calculator then estimates:
- The probability that your organization will ever be hit by a DDoS attack
- The probability that your organization will be targeted in the next year
- The cost per hour of such an assault
- Expected annual cost of attacks if DDoS protection measures are not adopted
It’s our hope that the revealed data will help raise awareness of the threat posed by DDoS attacks, while also helping those organizations taking their first steps in formulating their DDoS mitigation strategy.