Today, we are proud to announce the launch of the Cyber Threat Index, a new online information portal from the minds of our threat researchers at Imperva Research Labs. The current Cyber Threat Index is 776. This is categorized as High and is up 8 percent since December.
But what is the Cyber Threat Index?
The Cyber Threat Index is a high-level, monthly report and measurement of the global cyber threat landscape, across data and applications.
The Cyber Threat Index provides an easy-to-understand score that tracks the cyber-threat level consistently over time and observes trends. The data is also analyzed by industry and by country (when applicable) to provide further analytics and insights. The data used to create the Cyber Threat Index is proprietary and unique to Imperva.
How can security professionals use the Cyber Threat Index?
Unlike many threat research reports that are one-time, annual, or quarterly reports, Imperva’s Cyber Threat Index is an online resource that updates monthly to provide fresh data and insights.
Security professionals can dig down deeper into the data behind the score, drill-down to individual industries and countries, and also view historic index scores. They can compare their country and industry to others, and to the Cyber Threat Index in general.
What insights are provided by Imperva?
Each month, threat researchers from Imperva’s Research Lab provide insights and expert recommendations for security professionals based on the latest data. For this month’s Cyber Threat Index, the following insights are provided:
- Latest Citrix bug gained more press than hacker interest
- Russia saw the highest proportion of SQL injection attacks
- The adult industry faces inflated risk of RCE attacks
- Spammers are using bad bots to exploit the Coronavirus hype
- There is an unusual decline in attacks from cloud platforms
Please visit the Cyber Threat Index to read more about these insights and the corresponding actionable recommendations.
What is the volume of data analyzed to create the Cyber Threat Index?
The Cyber Threat Index is calculated using data gathered from all Imperva sensors across the world including over:
- 25 monthly petabytes (PBs) of network traffic passed through our CDN
- 30 billion monthly Web application attacks, across 1 trillion HTTP requests analyzed by our Web Application Firewall service (Cloud WAF)
- Hundreds of monthly application and database vulnerabilities, processed by our security intelligence aggregation from multiple sources
How long has Imperva been tracking the Cyber Threat Index?
Imperva Research Labs has been gathering data over the past six months. The entirety of that data is available today. Please head over to the Cyber Threat Index and explore the data for yourself.