The Non-Advanced Persistent Threat
Presented by Sagie Dulce, Security Research Engineer, Imperva
Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) is a term given to attacks that specifically and persistently target an entity. The security community views this type of attack as a complex, sophisticated cyber-attack that can last months or even years. However, new research indicates that these attacks are actually being achieved by much simpler methods.
The Imperva Defense Center has discovered that data breaches commonly associated with APT require only basic technical skills. As a result, security teams need to fundamentally shift their focus from absolute prevention of intrusion to protecting critical data assets once intruders have gained access to their infrastructure. This webinar will:
- Expose some powerful, yet extremely simple techniques that allow attackers to efficiently expand their reach within an infected organization
- Show how attackers achieve their goals without resorting to zero-day vulnerabilities and sophisticated exploits
- Discuss how organizations can protect themselves against the advance of such attacks
- Download Slides
The 6 Most Surprising SharePoint Security Risks
Presented by Carrie McDaniel, Product Marketing Manager, File Security, Imperva
As SharePoint gains traction in your organization, users quickly create new sites and add data to help them share information and work more efficiently. Before you know it, sensitive files are spread throughout SharePoint and security becomes crucial. Are you aware of - and prepared to stop - all the SharePoint security risks that are out there?
SharePoint is a complex, far-reaching system that's exposed internally and externally. With increased reliance on SharePoint comes multiple security risks, some obvious and some you wouldn't have imagined.
Join us for a webinar to learn about some of the most surprising risks in SharePoint, uncovered by Imperva's security experts. This webinar will:
- Discuss the six most surprising SharePoint threats including compromised insiders and search engine data leakage
- Offer real-world examples of each threat
- Provide practical methods for addressing these risks
Protecting Against Vulnerabilities in SharePoint Add-ons
Presented by Carrie McDaniel, SharePoint Security, Imperva
As the pace of Microsoft SharePoint adoption continues, most organizations are turning to third party add-ons to support demands for functionality. It's for these reasons that experts compare SharePoint without add-ons to an iPhone without apps. Third party add-ons, however, arrive pre-packaged with unique security risks -- vulnerabilities that IT cannot directly fix.
Join Imperva's Carrie McDaniel to learn how organizations can offset vulnerabilities found in SharePoint add-ons by applying a multi-layered defense strategy. This webinar will:
- Identify risks associated with using SharePoint plug-ins and web parts developed by third parties
- Describe how hackers target and exploit third-party code using attacks such as SQL injection
- Introduce a three-layered approach to securing SharePoint
4 Security Guidelines for SharePoint Governance
Presented by Carrie MacDaniel, File Security Team, Imperva
82% percent of organizations use SharePoint to store secure content. Over half worry that their deployments do not meet security or compliance requirements. This sentiment is indicative of the growing concern among organizations that their SharePoint deployments are a security disaster waiting to happen.
SharePoint governance can seem like a daunting task and leave many organizations wondering where to start. This webinar provides a four step program for establishing SharePoint governance and security.This webinar will:
- Identify drivers for governance, including regulatory compliance, Web attack protection, and data security
- Provide four steps for securing SharePoint through governance efforts
- Outline a risk-based approach for aligning priorities and investments
Shaping-Up SharePoint Security in Five Steps
Presented by Amichai Shulman, CTO, Imperva
The use of Microsoft SharePoint is growing rapidly inside most enterprises; however, native functionality fails to address critical security risks. For organizations, this shortcoming poses a tremendous challenge: How do you balance the need for collaboration with the need for security? Join Imperva CTO, Amichai Shulman, as he addresses the key technical aspects of SharePoint security. In particular, this webinar will identify the most important steps to securing SharePoint, including:
- How SharePoint is architected and the inherent security gaps
- How to protect SharePoint from insider threats
- How to stop hackers from breaking externally facing SharePoint deployments