Imperva Doubles Revenues and Customer Base in 2007 to Extend Lead in Application Data Security and Compliance Market
More than 2,500 Companies Protected by Imperva Worldwide, including 39 of the Fortune 1000
Foster City, CA, Jan 29, 2008 – Imperva® today announced that it doubled sales and customers in 2007 for its application data security and compliance products. Imperva’s continued rapid growth in 2007 was fueled by the need for organizations to prevent security breaches and meet regulatory compliance requirements including the PCI Data Security Standard. The company added over 200 new direct buyers of its products last year, and has a renewal rate of greater than 95 percent among existing customers. Organizations in more than 30 countries, including five of the top 10 telecommunications companies and two of the top five banks in the world, have deployed Imperva SecureSphere web application and the database security appliances.
“2007 was a landmark year for Imperva and the Application Data Security and Compliance market category,” said Shlomo Kramer, president and CEO. “We extended our market leadership with a sharp increase in the adoption of SecureSphere, which is now deployed in more than 30 countries by the world’s leading banks, Telcos, government agencies, and retailers. In addition, customers and industry experts embraced the need for an end-to-end solution that provides visibility and control from the data in the database through the application end-user.”
“Database Activity Monitoring is one of the most significant data and application security tools on the market,” said Rich Mogull, founder of Securosis, L.L.C. an independent security consulting practice. “Database activity monitoring products will combine with application firewalls as the center of the applications and database security stack, providing activity monitoring and enforcement within databases and applications.” (From “Understanding And Selecting A Database Activity Monitoring Solution: Part 1” at http://securosis.com).
“Deploying a Web Application Firewall was the most efficient and cost effective solution for us to comply with the PCI Data Security Standard,” said Jean-Pierre Zaiter, CIO for Intuition Systems. “SecureSphere was the easiest product to deploy and configure, and delivered the best performance in our tests. When we learned about its ability to also monitor and protect databases, we expanded our project scope and deployed this functionality as well. With Imperva we have a complete solution for data security and PCI compliance.”
In the past 12 months Imperva achieved the following milestones:
- Doubled sales growth year over year
- Added over 200 new customers, bringing Imperva’s total direct installed base to over 400
- Signed key Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) and Application Service Provider (ASP) customers to boost the total number of organizations protected and monitored by SecureSphere to over 2500
- Added key new customers including 18 government agencies, Intuition Systems, a leading national payment processing firm, First Advantage, a leading provider of risk mitigation and business solutions, Expert Alliance, a leading Japanese mutual aid association, MarketLive, the leading global e-commerce solution for retailers, and Gaitame.Com, a leading Japanese online foreign exchange (FX) trading company.
- Generated more than 58 % of revenues from orders greater than $100,000, including several million dollar deployments
- Delivered the 1000th SecureSphere appliance, ending the year at over 1300
- Won Red Herring 100 North America award and subsequently Red Herring Global 100 award as one of the top private companies in the world
- Imperva SecureSphere was named Editor’s Choice by InformationWeek magazine
- Named a market leader by independent analyst firm Forrester Research for Enterprise Database Auditing and Real-Time Protection
- Received Reader’s Choice Award from Information Security Magazine in database security category
- Nominated for Best Enterprise Security Solution in SC Awards
- Released Scuba by Imperva, the company’s free cross-platform database vulnerability scanner, which now has more that 5,000 registered users from leading organizations worldwide including 53 Fortune 500 companies
- Announced OpenSphere, the industry’s first open ecosystem for data security and compliance
- Grew employee base by 50% to support worldwide execution and expansion to new geographies
- Bolstered management team with the addition of industry veterans Aharon Strosberg as vice president of operations, Rohit Gupta as vice president of business development, and Sharon Besser as senior director of product strategy
Imperva is the leader in application data security and compliance. Leading enterprise and government organizations worldwide rely on Imperva to prevent data theft and abuse, and ensure data integrity. The company’s SecureSphere products provide data governance and protection solutions that monitor, audit and secure business applications and databases. For more information, visit www.imperva.com
# # #
Imperva and SecureSphere are trademarks of Imperva, Inc. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.